World’s Collide - NXT vs NXTUK

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

• Paid Members

I hadn’t seen enough of him to really notice before, but between catching the stuff with David Starr, his match with Tyler Bate the other week and then his performance here, Jordan Devlin is really fucking great. Super worker, great dickhead heel, arguably the best headbutt I’ve ever seen, it’s no wonder Hunter is moving him into a semi-regular position on the proper NXT to compete with AEW. He’s ace.

I absolutely hate headbutt spots in wrestling. If it's a big massive heel who looks hard as fuck like a Danny Burch then fair enough. The habit for every person on the NXT UK roster to do it and on occasion multiple of them doing it multiple times a match can fuck off though.

They’re shit, Bart and Lisa did it better when they were windmilling and kicking air. Worst examples are from the first U.K. Takeover where they had them in 3 consecutive matches and NXT Takeover from November where they had one between 3 people.

Like a lot of things in modern wrestling, they happen too often for them to mean anything.

But, horses for course and all that if you’re into them

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They’re shit, Bart and Lisa did it better when they were windmilling and kicking air. Worst examples are from the first U.K. Takeover where they had them in 3 consecutive matches and NXT Takeover from November where they had one between 3 people.

Like a lot of things in modern wrestling, they happen too often for them to mean anything.

But, horses for course and all that if you’re into them

That’s certainly true. I always think back fondly to Mick Foley and Randy Orton doing the spot during Royal Rumble 2004 because it wasn’t something they did very often and it really sold the idea that these two blokes hated each other. In fact, was that the first time they ever did that spot in WWE? It’s the first I can think of.

Really loved the show. Thought everything was decent but definitely enjoyed the DIY match the most. Honestly such a treat seeing tag wrestling like that when we rarely get it on WWE PPVs.

The more I see of Toni Storm the less convinced I am by her.

Opener was okay but agree that it would have been a lot better with at least a little build up. Didnt help that everyone was cheering for Balor simply because they knew who he was.

Finally got through the show. Mostly good, but that main event! The loss of Wolfe was a small stumbling block, but that was the rawest WWE match I’ve seen in some time, in a very good way. It was heated, realistic and hard-fought. It was wrestle-drama at its best! Loads of fun, and scary at times. KoR, Strong and Barthel are incredible. They all were! Fish’s Moonsault was stunning!