The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’m not counting this BMF nonsense.

The BMF title is as legit as any interim title. In fact, I'd do away with interim titles and incorporate the BMF title into each division. Then, when an actual champion comes back from injury or whatever it'll be "the champion going up against the baddest motherfucker in the division."

Either that or only defend the BMF title in places where there's no commission to fuck shit up. No gloves, no weight classes, no rules. Old school shit all the way. Bring back some of those original ideas such as an electrified fence, making sure there's no bullshit grappling against the cage, and chuck in a moat around the thing with alligators.

Fuck, give big Tank a few weeks to get his beer belly in shape and the mad old bastard will be ready to "roll off the barstool and right into the cage" just like the old days, match him up with Art Jimmerson and the winner can face the winner of Diaz/Masvidal.

Dana and Rogan on commentary, fitted out with spittle-proof microphones, seeing who's head can explode first, and let Art Davie handle the post fight pressers.

Tank was actually TKOed by a railing. 

“I was just at the Cheick Kongo fight in San Jose a couple of weeks back and it got stopped by a thumb in the eye. Who knows if it was intentional or not, but it was a no-contest. There was a little skirmish after the fact, and I was trying to make my way into the cage but I couldn’t get over the railing,” 

“Oh, hell yeah, I was going to throw down with Rampage and Cheick, but the barrier seemed to be too significant for me to get over at the time and I was kind of freaking my wife out, so I calmed down. But I was definitely on my way.”

• Paid Members

The American VISA nonsense isn't just hitting the UK, Japanese and Mexican wrestlers, and a lot of lower name Russian fighters, it's bitten their Chinese Straw-weight champion, Zhang Weili. It'll probably get sorted out eventually, but it could take quite a while so she may have to defend the title elsewhere in her next time out. 

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/ufc-champion-weili-zhang-has-american-visa-refused-presidential-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-offers-help

• Paid Members

Dustin Poirier might end up having no option but to fight Dan Hooker. Hooker has offered to donate half of his purse to Poirier's charity, if Dustin accepts his challenge of fighting him in New Zealand next year. I don't know how Poirier can turn that down. Dan Hooker knows how to play this game, that much is becoming clear. 

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/dan-hooker-donate-half-purse-to-dustin-poirier-foundation-if-fight-ufc