The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Just read that Ankalaev vs Cutelaba 2 is back on. For UFC 254. So these fights are all confirmed or rumoured for 254 now...

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje (LW Title)

Tony Ferguson vs Dustin Poirier

Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Yair Rodriguez 

Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier 

Rafael Dos Anjos vs Islam Makhachev 

Magomed Ankalaev vs Ion Cutelaba 2

Alexander Volkov vs Walt Harris 

Umar Nurmagomedov vs Sergey Morozov 

Cynthia Calvillo vs Lauren Murphy 

Da Un Jung vs Sam Alvey

Liana Jojua vs Miranda Maverick

I know we’re going to get a load of pullouts but surely they’re not even trying to put all this on the same show. What an absolute monster of a card this would be. I doubt they’re actually targeting all of this for 254 though. I can definitely see Zabit vs Yair winding up on another card, there must be a reason for the holdup getting that one confirmed. Honestly though, a chippy tea isn’t going to be enough to settle me down for this. 

here we go...

18 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Can we have live chats during this one, lads?
I think if ever a live chat was warranted, surely it's this card, if it doesn't have the bollocks torn clean out of it, that is.

I have more hope this card stays relatively unscathed, simply because it's in Abu Dhabi.

Most of the cards being wrecked are Vegas cards, which tells me that whatever the fuck they're doing on Yas Island is working, while the protocols for vegas aren't.

• Paid Members

Most likely will contain some things in and around the below, but if any of us are on the sup, it'll be a bit of a laugh if nothing else.

"Owwwfff. Some haymaker that! Did yiz see that? Hello? Hello? BUMP. Hello?"
"Janey mack. Fair oul upright on Cannonier, isn't there?"
"I don't like Zabits' beard, me"
"BGeauthjho -- lsu konocouyt,"

• Paid Members

This one has gone up in a puff of smoke again. Santos Vs Teixeira is off again. I think they'll move on from Santos and try and find Glover another fight. Such a kick in the spuds this must be for the pair of them.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/9/15/21438717/thiago-santos-tests-positive-for-covid-19-oct-3-fight-against-glover-teixeira-canceled

Lobov is always a dangerous opponent for anyone outside the top ten. He's become a bit of a caricature of himself, but he's got heavy hands, decent cardio, defensive wrestling that isn't great, but isn't terrible, and a chin.

That combination will give anyone outside the top ten problems.