The MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

David

18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He’s also a domestic abuser, let’s not forget that. 

Although he did play a part in stopping that guy from assaulting Bret Hart at the 2019 Hall of Fame, so for many that did help his battered rep.

Seriously though, that domestic abuse charge is is why watching him lose four on the bounce before he got punted by the UFC was all the more sweeter.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He’s also a domestic abuser, let’s not forget that. 

Oh, I definitely didn't - it was just an interesting point of trivia. I initially suspected that Rousey being a Sandy Hooker might be the kind of arsehole to engage in a bit cultural appropriation, but figured the baby's name was because of Browne.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Seriously though, that domestic abuse charge is is why watching him lose four on the bounce before he got punted by the UFC was all the more sweeter.

Absolutely this. This was one of those cases where we really got the satisfaction of seeing nemesis befall someone.

• Paid Members

Get in.

So for anyone not keeping up, the next few PPVs are *currently* looking like this;

Jan Blachowicz vs Glover Teixeira - Light Heavyweight Title

Petr Yan vs Cory Sandhagen - Interim Bantamweight Title

Islam Makhachev vs Dan Hooker

Kamaru Usman vs Colby Covington 2 - Welterweight Title

Rose Namajunas vs Zhang Weili 2 - Strawweight Title

Justin Gaethje vs Michael Chandler 

Charles Oliveira vs Dustin Poirier - Lightweight Title

Brandon Moreno vs Deiveson Figueiredo 3 - Flyweight Title

Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Pena - Bantamweight Title

Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane - Heavyweight Title

Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker 2 - Middleweight Title

Jared Cannonier vs Derek Brunson 

And I didn’t realise until today but 267 and 268 are on consecutive weekends. I better get a thread up soon for 268. That one’s coming around fast. 

• Paid Members

Main event?

I don’t particularly mind the fight itself and at least Ladd isn’t trying to make 135 again but this is the dregs as a headliner. Just a cunt hair better than Eye vs Calvillo for me. Bit weird how they’re giving two fighters who’ve recently missed weight a main event spot though. There isn’t a lot else to choose from to headline that card on this notice but I’d have just bumped the Andrei Arlovski vs Carlos Felipe fight up from co-main. Still would’ve been a weak main event but at least Arlovski’s a name and I kind of like what I’ve seen of Felipe so far. 

AEE57027-95F7-4714-8A8B-06094DA162A8.gif

Edited by wandshogun09