What are you currently reading?

Brewster McCloud

This topic reminded me to pick it up. I'm not convinced I'll agree with her conclusions based on what I've heard so far but think it'll be an interesting enough read and I'll be going in with an open mind to see how she reached those. There's a bazillion stories and theories out there relating to JTR, the suspects and the victims. Given we live in a world where Alice in Wonderland is supposed to contain a full confession to the killings, even if I don't agree with her I don't think it's going to be the most ridiculous nonsense I've read on the subject.

• 3 months later...

James Acaster's Classic Scrapes is a great audiobook. It's not quite I, Partridge levels in the audio format but nothing is really.

I picked up Down and Dirty Pictures from Audible this month after reading Easy Rider's and Raging Bulls years ago. The narrator does hillariously distracting impressions of the people he's quoting. His Spike Lee is a cringey treat. Really interesting listening to his take on the Weinsteins with all the benefit of hindsight. Fucking monsters.

The Classic Scrapes audiobook is great. I listened to his new one, Perfect Sound Whatever, the other week which is also great. The Bob Mortimer & Paul Whitehouse: Gone Fishin' audiobook is amazing too if you like the show. It 40% them reading the book and 60% them chatting and pissing about.

I've read a lot recently. Most I've read in ages. David Cullen's book on Columbine which was very interesting. Learned a lot about the myths surrounding the reasons why and how it happened. As well as that, I read True Story by Michael Finkle which that awful movie Jonah Hill and James Franco was based on. 

Educated by Tara Westover - a memoir from a woman who grew up in a very sheltered, Mormon sect in Utah. Her parents believed the End of Days was going to happen at Y2K and refused to send their kids to state school or to doctors as they didn't trust the government. She managed to escape from there at 17 and go on to study at Cambridge. Absolutely fascinating and the best thing I've read all year.  

To lighten it up a bit I read This Is Going To Hurt by Adam Kay which was hilarious and disgusting in equal measures.