The Shit Hill You Will Die On

Keith Houchen

Some opinions and principles are worth dying for and standing for.  Some, not so much.  This isn't about political or social fights, it's about the mundane that you swear to uphold.  Here is mine

Kevin Costner is fucking brilliant and Waterworld doesn't deserve the shit it gets and is quite a good film.  But yeah, slag of KC and we are stepping outside.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Kevin Costner is fucking brilliant and Waterworld doesn't deserve the shit it gets and is quite a good film.  But yeah, slag of KC and we are stepping outside.

You need to watch Criminal, I reckon it's one of his best performances.

• Paid Members

I was helping out at a private event that was mainly attended by people from movie magazines and sci fi bloggers. I overheard a group of them praising Nolan's Batman films, I'm sure they loved the guy that was serving them drinks deciding to spend 15 minutes arguing with them on why the Dark Knight trilogy is shit and Man of Steel is great.

• Paid Members

I have a whole unpopular suite of ideas that hinge on how shit almost every ‘classic’ rock band is, and it’s caused me to be unwelcome almost everywhere. If I like a rock group from about 1967 to 1980 something, it’s because I was brought up listening to them. So basically Queen and ELO - the rest of the ones I like are a few of the punk bands, your other classic rock types are waaaaaaaank.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

I have a whole unpopular suite of ideas that hinge on how shit almost every ‘classic’ rock band is, and it’s caused me to be unwelcome almost everywhere. If I like a rock group from about 1967 to 1980 something, it’s because I was brought up listening to them. So basically Queen and ELO - the rest of the ones I like are a few of the punk bands, your other classic rock types are waaaaaaaank.

The year you are thinking of Serge is 1986, when real rock was born

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Popmaster is shit and Ken Bruce is only saved from being the worst thing on Radio 2 because Jeremy Vine is alive. 

You think Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine are the worst things about a station that also hosts Chris Evans, Steve Wright and Vanessa Feltz? You daft get.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I was helping out at a private event that was mainly attended by people from movie magazines and sci fi bloggers. I overheard a group of them praising Nolan's Batman films, I'm sure they loved the guy that was serving them drinks deciding to spend 15 minutes arguing with them on why the Dark Knight trilogy is shit and Man of Steel is great.

The Dark Knight Trilogy is shit. The first one is overly long, the second one only did so well because of Heath Ledger's passing and the third one hardly even has Batman in it. I didn't particularly enjoy Man Of Steel either, but I'm blaming that at least partially on the fact that some of the stuff made it difficult for me to keep up with the visuals in 3D.

Anyway my shitty hill, and oh boy is it a SHITTY hill, is that St Anger by Metallica isn't a shit album. It's definitely not the worst thing they've done. That honour goes to that pile of absolute dross they did with Lou Reed.

Archived