The Shit Hill You Will Die On

Keith Houchen

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warwick Davis is a prick with the most grating voice known to man. He acts like he is king shit and makes out he is the greatest dwarven actor of all time. 

Fuck off Willow you useless shit of a wizard. 

Edit: spelt the fuckers name wrong. Not that he deserves an edit but let’s not skip on the formalities.

This is a bit like "post an unpopular opinion", but I'll take the spirit of the thread by the balls. This is very specific, and will be of interest to almost no one else, but it is a hill I'll die on: I've lived in Jakarta for the past 9 years. Expats love to slag it off because the traffic is terrible and the Indonesian government is lousy, but do you know what? I bloody love it. I will defend this maddening city until the cows come home: great food that costs a fraction of what it does in the West, lovely attractive people, such a feeling of discovery and newness. It's never boring, which is all I ask for of a city. It's a life sentence for me, and screw you if you don't like Jakarta, you grumpy old oil man drinking your vast salary away at the bar.  

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Warwick Davis is a prick with the most grating voice known to man. He acts like he is king shit and makes out he is the greatest dwarven actor of all time. 

Fuck off Willow you useless shit of a wizard. 

Edit: spelt the fuckers name wrong. Not that he deserves an edit but let’s not skip on the formalities.

Having worked with him back in my TV days I am confirm he is one of the most polite and humble celebrities I have ever met so I can’t support this. Plus Tenable

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Particularly controversial if you're from Wales, but Rugby Union is a crock of shit. (Butch is going to kill me now)

In fairness, if I’d grown up in a foreign country I don’t think that rugby would bother me at all. I actually quite enjoyed playing it in the rare occasions we did at secondary school.

What I can’t stand is Welsh Rugby specifically and what it does to us as a country. Its been dominating the newspapers and tv for 6 weeks now, 70% of the regional news last night was taken up talking about it.

Yet we throw so much effort and attention into something that honestly does nothing to elevate us really. Go anywhere outside the former British Empire and try and bring up Gareth Edwards or George North. You will get blank looks.

During the Six Nations there are always mad celebrations that we have defeated ‘the English’ or ‘the Scots’. But honestly, what percentage of their populations genuinely give a toss? It will hardly make the back pages of their newspapers the following day, let alone the front. 

Rugby Union is a minority sport. Wales’ success at the 2016 Euros brought us more prestige worldwide than 50 grand slams ever could. 

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

During the Six Nations there are always mad celebrations that we have defeated ‘the English’ or ‘the Scots’. But honestly, what percentage of their populations genuinely give a toss? It will hardly make the back pages of their newspapers the following day, let alone the front. 

I'm far from a rugby fanatic, but from what I've seen the Scots tend to celebrate more when England lose at the game than when we win. Granted, I assume we don't actually win all that much, but still.

Archived