The Miscellaneous Folder (image heavy)

JNLister

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Billy The Fish!

I still have the first (only?) Best of. Though several strips have been coloured in with pencil crayons. Not all the right colours, obvs.

The one where Billy sleeps with the supermodel is my favourite. She turns out to be Gus in a mask. But Billy turns out to be Tommy in a mask. But Gus turns out to Billy in two masks thinking that Tommy disguised as him was actually Gus disguised as him all along.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They gave him an animated series briefly as well on channel 4.

Enfield did the voices IIRC. I'm glad I was not aware of the run where Brown Fox was introduced, I'd have been rather confused at that age.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Amazing finds! I think the first image is my favourite. I love that Warlord has his own hotline.

First thing I did reading this thread was send that photo to my best mate captioned "imagine Warlord being your favourite." At my school that would have got you lamped.

• Moderators

So much gold in there, I don't even know where to begin. But a few observations.

- Two pieces of correspondence from Nic Higton. One to ask for more money, one to apologise for recent behavior and swear he'd changed. These are the only two types of letter anyone ever got from him. Also, perhaps the most spectacularly nerdy example of that 90's fad where everyone even vaguely involved in the scene, even if you were just buying tapes off someone, had to use a wrestling style nickname with their name when giving a postal address, with 'NCC-1701' (the registry number of the USS Enterprise)

- Aubergine Pringlebottom is an incredible name.

- Despite what I imagine will be many people's suspicion, that "I like poo" letter was not from me.

• Paid Members

A few replies:

@Kaz HayashiWhat's the deal with Chest and Hulk Who?

@HarmonicGenerator/ @air_raid I love that I've had that leaflet 27 years and people are still having the exact same reaction I did.

@Astro Hollywood The first of those two is a letter I got from Higton in 1993. I asked for the Havoc tape, didn't get it, and a feud was born. So the second letter is him being scammy two full years later. I've actually got a whole file of letters from people ripped off by him and then various letters from Trading Standards departments saying they'd look into it. The poo letter is from a guy called Drew Gardener, who'd also send collage pictures on similar subjects.

@Otto Dem Wanz On the upside, I funded my US trips through student loans and thanks to a lifetime of below average earnings am just over eight years away from them being written off.

• Paid Members

I had a fucking seizure when I saw Lister's podcast. So much came back to me from my 7 year old memory bank.

@JNListerAm I right in thinking that Nasty Boys article is from the Sunday People magazine or something? I had it. I had that article about the Slam Jam song as well. I believe it came with a big poster or the lads in the studio.

Anyway, for that Rumble 93 review, I think you should have written what we were all thinking. "I think Big Boss Man is in hot water, because he look a pasting here." As a kid, you could always tell when someone wasn't long for this world.

• Paid Members

I think "it was Bam Bam Bigelow's superior stamina that got the win" is mark speak for "I don't fully understand/admit to myself how wrestling works, but I know Bossman was gasping for air and sweating like a bastard."

Nastys piece is News of the World magazine.

• Paid Members

Also, fucking nailed Higton 25 years later. When I was looking through the issues of Wrestling Big Shots for the Fanboree ad from the other thread, they all had ads for Higton's play by mail. One of them also had this shady looking ad which I thought the other day was an amazing coincidence being the same town (Wallington) but seemed like it couldn't be him as his other address was in the same issue. Just realised from the pics above that Higton moved to this address at some point in the next couple of years so was obviously connected to it in some way. 

IMG_20180914_002937941.jpg

Archived