What is the deal with Pepsi outside of the UK and US?

SpursRiot2012

• Awards Moderator
46 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

There goes the only reason I had to pop in and pay £10 for a serviceable fast food burger.

They still do full fat coke, but you can't customise it with flavourings. Turds. 

19 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Maybe our resident Vietnam correspondent @simonworden can let us know the Pepsi situation there?

I actually started replying the other day and got sidetracked. 

It's about equal here most places do both. Mainly because the use of the mixers on the guns or machines in restaurants is almost non existent. But yes pepsi is here and I've seen it everywhere I've been in South East Asia. 

From Jan to March both brands also release special tet (Chinese New year in Vietnam ) style cans and bottles with either floral or animal designs.

Oh I forgot, there's no Pepsi Max here. We have coke zero but not Pepsi Max unless you buy imported cans. Other places in SE Asia get all the cokes including cherry lemon and vanilla l, I saw orange too once but not in Vietnam. We do however have coffee coke now which I've yet to try. I'll give it a go and report back. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally tried the coke with coffee we have in Vietnam. I'm typing on my phone so can't upload the photo of the can right now but it's pretty much what it advertises itself as. Coke with a bit of coffee flavour but it's quite creamy like it's been infused with more a Vietnamese milk coffee (which uses condensed milk). I don't really drink full sugar coke so I can't say it will be something I have regularly. Much prefer vanilla coke as a treat when I go off to Malaysia or Thailand.

• Paid Members
On 9/9/2018 at 1:16 PM, simonworden said:

Oh I forgot, there's no Pepsi Max here. We have coke zero but not Pepsi Max unless you buy imported cans. Other places in SE Asia get all the cokes including cherry lemon and vanilla l, I saw orange too once but not in Vietnam. We do however have coffee coke now which I've yet to try. I'll give it a go and report back. 

*Fun fact, whilst the UK and most of Europe got Pepsi Max back in the mid 90's, The US didn't release it until the late 2000's. I got right into Pepsi Wild Cherry when I was out there in 2007 so I was delighted when they released Cherry Pepsi Max, the greatest soft drink known to man, here years later.

*Useless knowledge I seem to replace important things with in my brain

Archived