UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

DeadMike - Yeah, all that was cringeworthy even back then, but there were plenty of people who enjoyed his schtick back then who weren't wearing topknots and aren't now defending what a fucking cretinous prick he's become. 

I thought, like others have said, that even the biggest McGregor fans would've soured on him after this. Guess I gave them too much credit

I've been following this whole thing obsessively since I heard about it last night, there's a real sense of macabre to the whole thing!

I'm fucking sickened by what I saw, and as much so by the twats who are somehow mustering a defence.  LOYALTY.  That's what I keep seeing bandied about.

He was doing the honourable thing, defending Artem.  If you arent a friend like that, don't want you as a friend etc.  Fuck off.  I don't want to live in a world where anyone seeks to excuse thuggish behaviour.  Sport aside, this whole thing makes me fucking miserable.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

I've been following this whole thing obsessively since I heard about it last night, there's a real sense of macabre to the whole thing!

I'm fucking sickened by what I saw, and as much so by the twats who are somehow mustering a defence.  LOYALTY.  That's what I keep seeing bandied about.

He was doing the honourable thing, defending Artem.  If you arent a friend like that, don't want you as a friend etc.  Fuck off.  I don't want to live in a world where anyone seeks to excuse thuggish behaviour.  Sport aside, this whole thing makes me fucking miserable.

Spot on. The worst thing is that 5 fighters have lost out of money & appearing on (possibly) the biggest show of the year. All because some coked up prat thinks he's a gangster.

On the funny side, I got home fairly late from work and stuck on the press conference while I ate my dinner. Literally one minute after Dana White says that Conor is definitely not going to be there for the fight but he wishes he was, I check Twitter and see the video of Conor throwing a bin at a bus.

I've thought for a while, even before the Bellator incident, that he is on coke. I hope he sorts himself out because he is an exciting fighter but at this stage I genuinely think the UFC would be better off without him.

The best thing that could happen to him is he gets stripped of the title and is suspended from fighting for a year or so. 

If the option of returning is taken out of his hands then maybe it gives him some time to settle the fuck down and get his head straight, and he can also address any problems he may have. The dude is still young, he can come back from all of this is he really wants to.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

On the funny side, I got home fairly late from work and stuck on the press conference while I ate my dinner. Literally one minute after Dana White says that Conor is definitely not going to be there for the fight but he wishes he was, I check Twitter and see the video of Conor throwing a bin at a bus.

I've thought for a while, even before the Bellator incident, that he is on coke. I hope he sorts himself out because he is an exciting fighter but at this stage I genuinely think the UFC would be better off without him.

I know money talks and all that, but from a credibility point of view I don't see how they have any choice in the matter.  This happened in NY right?  The state that for the longest time had the sport banned because of a so called outdated reputation for barbarism.  Imagine this'll have done it's reputation the world of good.

Not to mention the Paul Daley incident.  Guy throws one punch at one opponent moments after the bell rings and gets blacklisted for life.  Another throws heavy metal structures through glass windows at a bus full of athletes out of competition and gets what? a fine and a ban maybe?  Is that what we're assuming happens here?  If that's the case, I hope the whole fucking roster goes feral and brings the sport to it's knees then those in power can sit back and take responsibility for allowing it to happen.

• Paid Members
Just now, John Matrix said:

I know money talks and all that, but from a credibility point of view I don't see how they have any choice in the matter.  This happened in NY right?  The state that for the longest time had the sport banned because of a so called outdated reputation for barbarism.  Imagine this'll have done it's reputation the world of good.

Not to mention the Paul Daley incident.  Guy throws one punch at one opponent moments after the bell rings and gets blacklisted for life.  Another throws heavy metal structures through glass windows at a bus full of athletes out of competition and gets what? a fine and a ban maybe?  Is that what we're assuming happens here?  If that's the case, I hope the whole fucking roster goes feral and brings the sport to it's knees then those in power can sit back and take responsibility for allowing it to happen in the pursuit of a few extra quid.

• Paid Members

Its fair to say that the fame has gone to McGregors head, its not uncommon for a superstar making an insane amount of money to basically lose touch with reality and start to believe their untouchable, that appears to be what has happened to Conor.  

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, David said:

The best thing that could happen to him is he gets stripped of the title and is suspended from fighting for a year or so. 

If the option of returning is taken out of his hands then maybe it gives him some time to settle the fuck down and get his head straight, and he can also address any problems he may have. The dude is still young, he can come back from all of this is he really wants to.

Yeah, David. Luke Thomas says something similar. Pointing out the UFC need to give him a serious punishment for not only their sake, but for Conor's too. Essentially he needs a slapping down and a bit of a wake up call, because if he gets away with it how will he ever not think it's cool to do what he's done the past few months.

As we've discussed in this thread a few times, he's a mad bastard.

Being disappointed by Conor is nothing new recently (we've spent a few days discussing some), but there is just so little in the way of grey area here. A bit Jon Jones, really.

Yeah, this shit is on an entirely new level now to anything we've been discussing. There's a huge difference between saying stuff that is considered offensive and actually causing criminal damage and putting people's wellbeing in danger.

Conor might lose money in a few lawsuits but unless these guys have career ending injuries, they probably aren't putting him in any risk of bankruptcy. He will be the one with the top notch lawyer, who will dig deep into everything, so he probably loses $10 million tops and I'm guessing he still has much more money than that.

He will though lose a few sponsors, like Mayweather did, he should have made more money from that side but didn't, expect to see Burger King and whoever else drop him.

3 minutes ago, the_mole said:

Conor might lose money in a few lawsuits but unless these guys have career ending injuries, they probably aren't putting him in any risk of bankruptcy. He will be the one with the top notch lawyer, who will dig deep into everything, so he probably loses $10 million tops and I'm guessing he still has much more money than that.

He will though lose a few sponsors, like Mayweather did, he should have made more money from that side but didn't, expect to see Burger King and whoever else drop him.

Regardless of what McG has made in his career, he's nowhere near the level of wealth where he can consider $10 million to be fuck all. All because he lost the head over his pal getting slapped in the back of the head.

Just now, David said:

Regardless of what McG has made in his career, he's nowhere near the level of wealth where he can consider $10 million to be fuck all. All because he lost the head over his pal getting slapped in the back of the head.

I never said that but people are thinking these lawsuits will leave him broke which is crazy. He could lose all his money if he does more stupid things like not paying taxes, hiring 20 guys to permanently body guard him, not 20 for one night and buying more outlandish stuff, or just eventually if he was to never fight again but kept spending big.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Yeah, David. Luke Thomas says something similar. Pointing out the UFC need to give him a serious punishment for not only their sake, but for Conor's too. Essentially he needs a slapping down and a bit of a wake up call, because if he gets away with it how will he ever not think it's cool to do what he's done the past few months.

I think Luke Thomas touched on something with that as well, when he mentioned McGregor's early disregard for the rules and the UFC letting him get away with it. I'm talking about him turning up late for press conferences, there was some sexual comment he made about Ronda and Miesha early in his UFC run, the 'Nazi' stuff with Siver, probably a few more examples as well. There probably were minor punishments for some of these examples, like an apology or whatever, but they'd have been slaps on the wrist at the most, and no punishment at all in some cases. That escalated to the whole bottle throwing thing with Nate Diaz. I can't even remember who started that now but the point is neither of them came out of it looking good. And it's just seemed to spiral from there. I mean, he was getting fines for some of these incidents but then he'd be rewarded in other ways with the UFC bending over backwards to meet his demands. 

And now we're at the point where he's doing shit like this;

There's definitely an uneasy feeling about this, like the Jones thing, where you get the feeling that if something drastic doesn't happen soon then it's going to end in tragedy one way or another. It sounds overly dramatic but there's only so many ways this type of thing ends and it's very rarely a happy ending. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

After all this mess I just really, REALLY hope everyone makes weight

Fucking hell, with everything going on I'd forgotten all about that. There's a solid chance that both Khabib and Holloway don't make weight for this. Then what the fuck would become of the lightweight title? McGregor stripped, Ferguson stripped of the interim and Khabib and Holloway inelligible due to not making weight. What a shambles that would be. At that point they might as well just do a Royal Rumble with the rest of the lightweight division for the vacant title. 

Archived