Pancake Day

Kaz Hayashi

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Savoury crepes are great, mushrooms, spinach and cheese is the one, I'd put ham in if i still ate meat. (put lots of pepper in though or it can be a bit bland).

Never tried savoury puffy, American style pancakes, I can't see it working as well as crepes but people seem to enjoy combining waffles with assorted cooked fowl these days so guess it's not that different.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Heatseeker said:

was hoping for some recipe idea....

Pancakes aren’t naturally sweet unless you put a sweet ingredient in the mix. So it’s all about what you add after.

Scrambled eggs and bacon would be my option, and wrap them up.

I find spinach can go a bit soggy so I prefer not to put it in pancakes but I like some fresh spinach with it instead. I'm thinking mushrooms and a nice smoked cheese, maybe some rocket which I find doesn' go quite as soggy as spinach when cooked and retains more flavour

I've had American style pancakes for breakfast. Nothing fancy just big fat fuckers with butter and syrup. We go to my mum's on Tuesdays for tea so I've just had sugar and lemon tradiontal pancakes for tea and nutella and ice cream ones for pudding. Pancakes are both my blessing and curse. I do make a mean batch but it'll be all the kids ask for for breakfast for a month now.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Heatseeker said:

What's the script with these plus and minus numbers next to usernames?

Some discussion about what it is here. If you have any questions, ask in there. https://ukff.com/topic/119638-thread-for-questions-about-the-ukff-forum-only/?page=322

Probs best to keep his thread about pancakes. Speaking of which, I’m ready for mine, and will hopefully have demolished 5 or 6, in about 60 mins and counting.

Also, anyone who comes in here from this point on and talks about pancakes they’ve had today, WITHOUT PHOTOS, te will be fed to the lizards in a big fuck off pancake... suitable for lizards.

• Paid Members

So.. fuckin hell.. my wife chatted with Carly at work, and decided she wanted us to try home made thick scotch pancakes instead of traditional. Cheers Carly, mate.

Anyway, they were actually really nice, I imagine especially so on any day other than pancake day. I’ve won and lost at the same time, but again they were very tasty.

Very similar to how you make the ground almond version which I posted a while back on some other thread. 

FDC73146-2DCA-48AA-ACA3-FB1F252DFA27.jpeg

3CC1DAFF-08F0-4BA9-8D73-5CB65D8F1197.jpeg

Archived