Pancake Day

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

I’m soooo happy ive just twigged it’s pancake day tomorrow. I’ve forgotten for the last 3 years.. 3 YEARS.

So I’m off the health bus tomorrow and I’m going bosh some pancakes. It’ll be my youngsters first experience too.

I tend to go down the traditional/typical route, nothing extra in the mix, and smoother in golden syrup and lemon juice.

Im open to suggestions however, and want to see some pics tomorrow.

How do you make yours? How many do you destroy in a sitting?

Intrigued to find out which way around Pat eats them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Top work, I'd forgotten all about pancake day coming up. Definitely gonna get on that.

I'm quite boring with pancakes, just sugar and lemon juice, though bloody loads of it. Maybe golden syrup.

Sometimes eaten flat, sometimes rolled up. I assume this is perfectly ordinary, but it might turn out that I've been eating them like a lunatic my entire life, who knows?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Top work, I'd forgotten all about pancake day coming up. Definitely gonna get on that.

I'm quite boring with pancakes, just sugar and lemon juice, though bloody loads of it. Maybe golden syrup.

Sometimes eaten flat, sometimes rolled up. I assume this is perfectly ordinary, but it might turn out that I've been eating them like a lunatic my entire life, who knows?

I expected more from you. But yes, that’s perfectly reasonable eating etiquette. I can’t wait man, absolutely buzzing I’ve remembered.

• Paid Members

I'm just waiting for someone to up the UKFF Cred stakes and say they spread poo on theirs.

As for me, it'll probably be Nutella. Failing that, butter and maple sugar.

• Paid Members

We'll do the usual lemon juice/sugar, maybe nutella, but we are also going to experiment with savoury pancakes for dinner this year. Thinking spinach and ricotta, ham and cheese and something else (TBC).

I'm skeptical, but my wife reckons they'll be amazing. 

• Paid Members

Well, I can’t see them being a million miles away from savoury crepes? Basically the same thing.

Scotch pancakes work as a base for a savoury meal too. Toast them off and chuck some beans and melted cheese on, fucking lush.

Just make sure you use standard scotch pancakes, not the ones lined with raisins and chocolate chunks. 

• Paid Members

There's a café near me that does savoury crepes, huge bloody great things filled with various things like ham, cheese, Turkish sausage, chopped gherkin, tomatoes, onions, etc. They even do a salmon, dill, cream cheese and mushroom one, very nice.

• Paid Members

I've never had savoury crepes before, but the fact they exist makes me less concerned we're conducting some sort of mad experiment that will ruin pancakes for me forever.

Cheers for the tip on scotch pancakes, will suggest that as an option.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

I'm just waiting for someone to up the UKFF Cred stakes and say they spread poo on theirs.

As for me, it'll probably be Nutella.

Do make absolutely sure before tucking in, like.

Archived