General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

FWIW my sister did a choreography/dance lesson job at WHL a couple of years ago, was either some sort of morale thing, or maybe a promotional, with the players. Apparently they were all great to work with except Rose, who spent half his time being a complete turd, and the other half sleazing on her.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

How is he unattainable CVD? No one is off limits anymore. Also if Daniel Levy smells a few quid in sell on fees he will sell him. He sold Bale, Rose isn't as good as him, if he gets the right offer he will sell him. 

I think Cleets was just saying that in jest to get his point across about how shite Chelsea's attempts have been to sign Alex Sandro.

I think Brighton will go down this season. I like Chris Houghton and like Brighton but they will leak goals and Houghton is a bit too soft for a difficult premier league. 

Newcastle if they keep Rafa will be fine though. Personally think Burnley, Brighton & Huddersfield will go down, Burnley seemed on a slippery slope towards the end of last season and have lost one or two key players who in all honesty probably kept them up. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Houghton is a bit too soft for a difficult premier league. 

I don't understand this. What do you mean by 'too soft'? He's managed in the Premier League before, keeping Norwich up one year and previously doing ok with Newcastle before being harshly sacked.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I don't understand this. What do you mean by 'too soft'? He's managed in the Premier League before, keeping Norwich up one year and previously doing ok with Newcastle before being harshly sacked.

I think he is too nice and when the team needs a kick up the backside he won't be able to do it. Nice bloke but nice blokes finish last right? 

• Paid Members

I think there's something to be said for a manager having a certain ruthlessness and perhaps even a bit of a mean streak but I don't see how someone being a nice guy would affect their ability to be a successful football manager. 

• Paid Members

Surprised I haven't seen one of these pop up yet but with the league 30 minutes from starting:

Top six

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Man City

4. Liverpool

5. Spurs

6. Arsenal

Bottom 3

18. Burnley

19. Stoke

20. Huddersfield

Top Scorer