General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I never knew I had extra channels on Sky until last night after a chap in work told me about them.

They showed the - admittedly awful - Everton match on ITV4 and by way of Services/Options/More Channels, I've seemingly unearthed a goldmine.

Kevin Campbell hasn't aged in 18 years. Incredible.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champions League play offs

hampions route

Qarabag (Azerbaijan) v Copenhagen (Denmark)

Apoel Nicosia (Cyprus) v Slavia Prague (Czech Republic)

Olympiakos (Greece) v HNK Rijeka (Croatia)

Celtic (Scotland) v Astana (Kazakhstan)

Hapoel Beer Sheva (Israel) v Maribor (Slovenia)

League route

Istanbul Basaksehir (Turkey) v Sevilla (Spain)

Young Boys (Switzerland) v CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Napoli (Italy) v Nice (France)

Hoffenheim (Germany) v Liverpool (England)

Sporting Lisbon (Portugal) v Steaua Bucharest (Romania)

Celtic knocked out Astana last season but it is a tie where they will have to get a result at home as the heat will be deadly away. Hoffenheim are a good side so I don't think it will be a walkover for Liverpool but think Liverpool will come out on top. I see that 2 of 4 German/English/French/Italian teams will be knocked out, shame that soon they will take up so many places in the Champions League.

• Paid Members

Napoli VS Nice is the tie of the round there, it's a shame they can't both be in the CL proper. As you say, certainly not a walkover for Liverpool.

I don't give a shit about this tinpot competition anyway.

On 2 August 2017 at 9:15 AM, tiger_rick said:

Lovely bit of nostalgia. The Beeb are polling for the greatest PL goal of the 25 seasons so far. They've put up the best five goals from the first five seasons for the first part of the poll. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40710224

They have also added this little nostalgic site with info, tables, stickers etc which is really cool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/premier_league_25_1992_1997

That Blackburn home shirt is a beaut. 

• Paid Members

You could've done with him today, Cleets. In 2017, Drogba would still fucking score against us.

Good little warm-up for the new PL season, happy with that. Kolasinac is a bit of a tank and Xhaka is going to be absolutely vital for us this season. Lacazette looked alright. We look more prepared for a new season than I've seen in a long time.

Three trophies and it's not even the second week of August yet! Treble done. How many was that again Jose?

Screenshot_20170806-233513.thumb.jpg.d8a9a5180788aa70d929f9e39d59b338.jpg

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

You could've done with him today, Cleets. In 2017, Drogba would still fucking score against us.

He'd have to, it's a personal vendetta. All because his son once said that Henry was his favourite player! Would be fun to see him up against Kolasinac who looked like a monster today.

Not going to read too much into a game where Courtois took a penalty, but we don't look ready yet. Yeah, nearly everyone's doing it, and it's nothing a good few weeks of training and real games won't fix (like last year), but these pre-season preparations consisting of nothing but three glamour friendlies on the other side of the world need to die. Fuck the brand, get the team fit.

• Paid Members

You have a very small squad for a top team that expects to challenge on numerous fronts this season. I still can't fathom letting the likes of RLC, Ake and Chalobah go. Even if they weren't regulars, they were adequate squad players. You need numbers.

We on the other hand, have far too many numbers. Need to start getting rid of the deadwood ASAP.

• Paid Members

Gibbs, Lucas Perez (well the fans don't dislike him, but his departure is inevitable), Jenkinson and Debuchy. I think with a heavy heart Wilshere can be added to that list and most fans will want Coquelin to go as well, although I don't think Arsene will flog his Coq yet. Also if we are going to get rid of a CB, then I'd prefer we got shot of Gabriel rather than loaning/selling Chambers.

Gibbs has been linked with you lot a bit anyway. Think we were asking too much, or maybe his rugby wasn't quite up to Pulis' standards.

Archived