General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Laporte to City looks like it will go through imminently. On the basis that everything that is nearing completion happens, you're looking at City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barca and Atleti breaking their transfer records during this January window. Add into the mix United signing Alexis, this is surely the biggest winter transfer window in terms of big-name transfers.

2 minutes ago, drkopen said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Giroud ended up at Chelsea

Yeah, that's looking more and more likely. I'd be gutted obviously, but it will then allow Batshuayi to move to Dortmund, who will apparently only approve the Auba sale if they have a replacement lined up.

1 hour ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Aubameyang set to sign for a fixed fee of £53m with £2.5m in add-ons if major trophies are won and if the CL group stages are passed (lol) after Arsenal tapped him up and succeeded in unsettling him and getting him to go on strike.

To my knowledge Aubameyang didn't go on strike did he? I know he was suspended by the club for his behaviours and attitude but he didn't purposely go on strike/miss training/miss games. 

35 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Have we signed Peter Crouch yet?

Unfortunately not but Emerson is on his way from Roma.

With the Aubameyang deal being help up because Dortmund want Batshuayi can anyone else see us just keeping him just to spite Arsenal? 

37 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

With the Aubameyang deal being help up because Dortmund want Batshuayi can anyone else see us just keeping him just to spite Arsenal? 

Nope. The deal is all but done now, its probably only being delayed publicly so Dortmund are not pressured into paying more, they have known for weeks he is going and would have lined up a replacement already.

Besides Chelsea need a striker as much as Arsenal need a big signing in Aubameyang. 

TildeGuy I can post what I want, just cos you are losing your touch don't need to take it out on me,

Other transfers looking certain to happen by the end of the transfer window are the following

Andrew Ayew going back to Swansea

Benik Afobe going back to Wolves

Lewis Grabban to Cardiff

Archived