General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Fox Piss said:

Taking it like a champ, Riot. 

We were never in the title race.

Honestly it's just your fans at Wembley yesterday who've turned me right off City. Its like they've forgotten where they were pre-getting roided up. Singing "You'll never see Tottenham win the league." It wasn't that long ago you were losing to Shrewsbury on the regular.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Honestly it's just your fans at Wembley yesterday who've turned me right off City. Its like they've forgotten where they were pre-getting roided up. Singing "You'll never see Tottenham win the league." It wasn't that long ago you were losing to Shrewsbury on the regular.

See, for me, those years of misery give them a free pass. It only becomes classless when you’ve been winning for years.

Closest I’ve come to seeing my team succeed is watching us win the Checkatrade at Wembley last year and, spade a spade, I was an awful cunt for 3 weeks after.

The next day at the gym I bumped into a stranger who was also wearing a Cov shirt (still showing the lines from having been folded up in a wardrobe for years, at that). We both knew we were twats.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

See, for me, those years of misery give them a free pass. It only becomes classless when you’ve been winning for years.

Closest I’ve come to seeing my team succeed is watching us win the Checkatrade at Wembley last year and, spade a spade, I was an awful cunt for 3 weeks after.

The next day at the gym I bumped into a stranger who was also wearing a Cov shirt (still showing the lines from having been folded up in a wardrobe for years, at that). We both knew we were twats.

I don't begrudge them their success at all (though I - obviously - have my issues with oil-rich owners buying the best managers, support staff, and players in the world), but some (like, for instance, many of those at Wembley on Saturday) have become complete twats. Acting like how you'd expect a team that had had decades of top-level success behind them, not one that has barely a decade of success under their belt following YEARS of being adrift in the lower leagues/lower end of the top league.

There is, of course, a certain amount of sour grapes from me here. I don't deny that. I'll refrain from commenting further and just let City fans enjoy their title.

I like to think that Mourinho is so spiteful that knowing the title was out of reach he decided the most spiteful/Jose thing to do was letting it all build up to last week then beating them in the manner they did and destroying there mentality for Liverpool to feed off the scraps then laying down for West Brom and handing them the title on his terms. 

I bet Pep is taking receipt of a courier delivered bottle of wine right now with a note that reads "Congratulations, glad I could be of assistance. Send Tito my regards, lol"

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

I like to think that Mourinho is so spiteful that knowing the title was out of reach he decided the most spiteful/Jose thing to do was letting it all build up to last week then beating them in the manner they did and destroying there mentality for Liverpool to feed off the scraps then laying down for West Brom and handing them the title on his terms. 

I bet Pep is taking receipt of a courier delivered bottle of wine right now with a note that reads "Congratulations, glad I could be of assistance. Send Tito my regards, lol"

Fucking hell. Rough.

• Paid Members

I do think the league will be much more competitive next year, at the top. Liverpool have shown how City can be combated and even when we lost to them yesterday, you could see there are some vulnerabilities here and there that can be exploited. My prediction is that all of City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and, yes, Arsenal will all be in real title contention right through to March/April next season before one or two teams start to move ahead of that pack. I'd also like to see the likes of Newcastle and Everton perform as clubs of their stature should be performing to make a top seven of real quality.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I feel the same about fans who conveniently forget the past.

A lot of Leicester fans were the same. I know their title win was massive and history making, but they conveniently forget the scummy way they built a stadium they couldn't afford, ran up millions upon millions of debt and used Administration to clear it all(while failing the Football League's FFP). Of course the football debts got paid off, but it was the smaller, local companies that lost out(I know of at least one business that went titts up because they were only paid pennies on the pound that the club owed them. That one company ended up putting 12 people on the dole because of it). Then there is the £5m+ that the stadium builder had to basically write off due to admin. But we were speaking to a group of their fans last season when they played Arsenal away(we were in the capital for a short break) and they were blind to the fact. 

A lot of Chelsea fans are the same. They forget that they haven't always been a force.

Give me the shitty old Championship and League One any day! 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

No, Czech has been one of the best goal keepers of all time

Note the part in bold there, Bacon.

A new goalkeeper should be high on our list of priorities in the summer. He's obviously a lot better than Ospina, but not as good as half of the first choice keepers in the league. He's been pretty crap at his near post since joining us.

We shouldn't have sold Szczesny last summer. Dick move.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Cod Eye said:

A lot of Chelsea fans are the same. They forget that they haven't always been a force.

Don't get me started on Chelsea. The gall of their administration and their fans to complain about "not being able to compete financially" is astonishing.

• Paid Members

My boys down at Hereford win the league if we win at Biggleswade on Tuesday. 

Its obvious not a huge deal to many people here but after having our club ravaged by crooks and conmen, going bust and rebuilding from the bottom as well as trips to Wembley and having some league attendances better than the football league, I'm beyond chuffed that as long as it all goes well Tuesday were playing in the National League North/South and can really see what the team is made of next year when we won't be steamrollering some teams. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Note the part in bold there, Bacon.

A new goalkeeper should be high on our list of priorities in the summer. He's obviously a lot better than Ospina, but not as good as half of the first choice keepers in the league. He's been pretty crap at his near post since joining us.

We shouldn't have sold Szczesny last summer. Dick move.

On the subject of goalkeepers. Some might be surprised to hear me say this but we need a better keeper. I'm not sure who's out there who'd come to us but Hugo can be such a liability sometimes. His distribution can be awful and he's always got an error in him. If we want to win titles, I think we could do better keeper-wisr.

17 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I feel the same about fans who conveniently forget the past.

A lot of Leicester fans were the same. I know their title win was massive and history making, but they conveniently forget the scummy way they built a stadium they couldn't afford, ran up millions upon millions of debt and used Administration to clear it all(while failing the Football League's FFP). Of course the football debts got paid off, but it was the smaller, local companies that lost out(I know of at least one business that went titts up because they were only paid pennies on the pound that the club owed them. That one company ended up putting 12 people on the dole because of it). Then there is the £5m+ that the stadium builder had to basically write off due to admin. But we were speaking to a group of their fans last season when they played Arsenal away(we were in the capital for a short break) and they were blind to the fact. 

Give me the shitty old Championship and League One any day! 

Interesting comment.

I've always wondered how English teams all the way down to The National League can afford to build expensive looking stadiums while only being able to fill them to a half, or a quarter, of capacity.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Fox Piss said:

Oh the league will no doubt be more competitive. 

We have been great but a major factor in that success is that nearly ever other team have been so poor. 

I think if Spurs had got into the swing of things at Wembley much faster and taken more points off top six sides away overall, we'd have come a lot closer this year.

Archived