The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

I highly doubt it'll cost £60 in the U.K. But USA Today have confirmed the US PPV price 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2017/07/10/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-pay-per-view-price-set-august-fight/465381001/

It's listed at $89.99 SD and another 10 bucks on top for HD. I guess Joe etc are basing their UK price relative to this. But like it's been pointed out UK and US have a very different PPV price structure. I guess since Conor/Money is a one off super fight it might attract a premium price. £60? No way but I think the assumption of about £25 is about right. Anymore and only the real diehard fans will order. Ideally you want to put it on Box Office for a tenner so you get tons of people order it who are non Boxing/MMA fans who get wrapped up in all the hype. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

yeh the click bait sites have seen the US price and got confused. There's been a lot made of the price in America but it's near enough the standard price for an event of this magnitude i think. 

Yep, it is really the average for a super fight. Manny/Floyd was $100, this is from a Mail article 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3024329/Floyd-Mayweather-vs-Manny-Pacquiao-cost-pay-view-watchers-100.html

• US viewers will have to pay up to $100 (£67.48) to watch the fight
  • HBO and Showtime confirmed recommended price of $89.95 (£60.70)
  • HD surcharge of $10 could be added on by TV providers
  • Sky Box Office will show fight in the UK at a cost of £19.95 [/quote]

So I'm guessing it'll be £29.99 at most, more than likely £19.99. Which considering the US price is a bargain.

You can't charge big bucks in the UK really can you - the fight's likely to air after 6am BST.  You'd hope that if ITV did show it - they'd cut straight to Showtime and keep their own mongs away.  

Still waiting to find out the cost here in Australia but I'd be shocked if it was more than $70.  Whatever it is I'll pay it - not getting cooked up in a busy bar full of Irish fuckheads and bandwagon jumpers ruining it.  Not to mention lack of audio on coverage. Can't fucking wait for this fight. 

Anyone backing Floyd at those tasty 1.20 odds? 

The actual PPV card itself is gonna feature Spence (Who recently featured in a main event on box office over here anyways) & probably Badu Jack in fights, so for me it's probably gonna be worth the money. Even if the main event is a circus. 

45 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i imagine Gervonta Davis will be on there as well.

Rumor is it will be Jack against Nathan Cleverly on the card.

Think I mixed up Davis with Spence. Even still smart idea - Stick some decent 'name' fights on the undercard to attract the more hardcore fans who are totally against this 'mismatch' they may get caught up in the traction and use the undercard as a reason to buy.

33 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Think I mixed up Davis with Spence. Even still smart idea - Stick some decent 'name' fights on the undercard to attract the more hardcore fans who are totally against this 'mismatch' they may get caught up in the traction and use the undercard as a reason to buy.

You actually think there's boxing fans out there who are gonna say "Fuck the Mayweather vs McGregor match, I'm buying this PPV to see Badu Jack and Nathan Cleverly"?

The hardcores who are crying are the same kind of mouth breathers that we see on Sherdog. The type who won't buy fuck all, and will be sitting in front of their laptop with an illegal stream moaning like fuck.

They also number so insignificantly that it doesn't really matter if they buy it or not.

27 minutes ago, David said:

You actually think there's boxing fans out there who are gonna say "Fuck the Mayweather vs McGregor match, I'm buying this PPV to see Badu Jack and Nathan Cleverly"?

The hardcores who are crying are the same kind of mouth breathers that we see on Sherdog. The type who won't buy fuck all, and will be sitting in front of their laptop with an illegal stream moaning like fuck.

They also number so insignificantly that it doesn't really matter if they buy it or not.

No - As I stated, I think they might get caught up in the hype when it comes to the fight week, whether they like it or not. It'll be hard to escape, it's going to be everywhere, whilst these people may be spouting vocally against it to friends and family, deep down they might be slightly captivated and may convince themselves to buy the thing based on it being a 'package' featuring some decent boxers on the undercard, when really they do actually just wanna see the Conor/Floyd fight.

• Paid Members

The undercard here is fairly irrelevant, the card is selling with or without an undercard. It was part of the agreement that Mayweather would build the undercard with his stable so we pretty much know what we're gonna get.

Archived