The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i find the format odd, it's as if they are given time to go out and do a standup routine off the cuff, its produced some gems but you cant expect them to knock it out of the park in them type situations, one would have been ok then id have gone for more straight forward press conference type situations. The reaction to last nights is overwhelmingly negative.

• Paid Members

I've only seen little bits of the New York presser yet but it looks shit. The contrast between that and Toronto just the night before is nuts. 

What was with the bit when Mayweather got his male cheerleaders to surround McGregor the he skipped off in his high heels shouting 'YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!' like a right knob? Was that meant to be a victory of some sort? Getting your gang of paid man servants to try to intimidate someone? A 40 year old man, this. 

They'll probably stick with the same format tonight but it'd be cool to see them switch it up and do it more the way UFC do it tonight. 

• Paid Members

The negative buzz, about last night, has surely got back to enough of the right people? Surely they'll all know they have to step up, whether that be changing the format, or thinking up good material.

I noticed Dana took a big old Guinness and donner kebab dump on last night, via Instagram. He's not wrong, of course.

• Paid Members

I gather Ellerbe seems to think it was better than Toronto for some reason, but I think he's the only one who has seemed happy enough with it. I don't expect the format to change at all though. 

21 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Fight Pass countdown is at 5 hours now, which would be 8:15pm - WTF?

ITV says 7pm.

2 days ago, Showtime said 4pm.

Does nobody know the fucking time of this? It's a mess.

Expect it at 9pm so !!

is anybody else secretly enjoying the booing of Stephen Espinoza ?

• Paid Members

Sky Sports News reported that 5,000 people have made the trip from Ireland for tonight. Should be a good laugh.

Good interview with Ariel. Conor goes full-blown Gareth Keenan from The Office when attempting to argue he isn't racist though. He can't be racist because he loves a Playlist of black people's music. 

f0uxlurl1ej2ugefl8l5.jpeg

"I'm not homophobic. Look at my CD collection. Queen. George Michael. Petshop boys... they're all bummers"

God bless Conor, I don't think he's racist at all, but he's not the best at defending these accusations, is he?

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Supremo said:

f0uxlurl1ej2ugefl8l5.jpeg

"I'm not homophobic. Look at my CD collection. Queen. George Michael. Petshop boys... they're all bummers"

God bless Conor, I don't think he's racist at all, but he's not the best at defending these accusations, is he?

haha - that's exactly him!

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I've only seen little bits of the New York presser yet but it looks shit. The contrast between that and Toronto just the night before is nuts. 

What was with the bit when Mayweather got his male cheerleaders to surround McGregor the he skipped off in his high heels shouting 'YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!' like a right knob? Was that meant to be a victory of some sort? Getting your gang of paid man servants to try to intimidate someone? A 40 year old man, this. 

They'll probably stick with the same format tonight but it'd be cool to see them switch it up and do it more the way UFC do it tonight. 

How would the UFC do it differently?

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, 300 said:

How would the UFC do it differently?

Not have 50 people on stage at all times, have proper sound that doesn't cut out or have a delay, have the press asking questions so it's not just a stupid "1 promo each" format, not have lame speeches by executives, not have it run 2.5 hrs late, not have lame rappers get the crowd warmed up like a kids bday party, not have photographers blocking the face offs, etc.

knob.jpg

• Paid Members

My barber and his colleague were discussing the fight today. They were absolutely convinced McGregor is winning by KO, as in not a shred of doubt.

This reminds me a lot of when they did Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes and some people thought it was crazy to even doubt Gracie was going to win handily.

14 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Not have 50 people on stage at all times, have proper sound that doesn't cut out or have a delay, have the press asking questions so it's not just a stupid "1 promo each" format, not have lame speeches by executives, not have it run 2.5 hrs late, not have lame rappers get the crowd warmed up like a kids bday party, not have photographers blocking the face offs, etc.

knob.jpg

Fair point. Drake managed to get a big pop on Thursday though. Should have had Jay Z last night. Maybe Chas & Dave tonight! 

Archived