Wrestlers or types of matches you find boring/ or overated.

FWA Goon

been a fan all my life was just thinking back to some of the stars who I found boring.

Or certain things that I was told was amazing but didn't get it. In no particular order just somethings that come to mind. I don't watch much these days. 

1) Scott Norton. quite forgettable really. I only just thought about him as I was listening to Bischoff's podcast. I never really got into his Japanse stuff. 

2) The Malenko,Benoit,Guerrero in ECW. I was a ECW fan at the time it was around and would buy the tapes to be honest I'd often skip these matches or watch them on fast forward.

I miss Rob Butchers, lists. 

3) Ring of Honor 2003-2005 I tried to get into it. Never liked it. 

4) Triple H. 

5) First 15 minutes of Raw or Nitro.

6) NJPW AJPW from the 90's I'd spend loads of money on tapes as I thought I was supposed to like this stuff but I didn't like it. I'd enjoy watching W*ing more. 

Others that friends can't stand that I like Greg Valentine, 

That's just some I can think of for now. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did you find all of these boring and/or overrated?

Maybe for Scott Norton he didn't have much of a character when I saw him.

for Japanese stuff it may just be the style of the wrestling. different type of crowd, Maybe ROH same sort of thing. There was some great matches no doubt and great performers but I just never liked it. 

I liked the Benoit, Eddie, Malenko stuff later on. maybe in the ECW setting it didn't seem right. Though I feel the crowd are pretty silent during those matches. 

Triple H never really did it for me. felt forced always seemed like the same thing over and over. 

I'm old now. 

6) NJPW AJPW from the 90's I'd spend loads of money on tapes as I thought I was supposed to like this stuff but I didn't like it. I'd enjoy watching W*ing more.

90's Deathmatches were far more enjoyable than the 5* Misawa dances, at the time at least. The spectacle of Onitas batshit insane inventions mixed in with some great drama at times held my attention much better.

90's Deathmatches were far more enjoyable than the 5* Misawa dances, at the time at least. The spectacle of Onitas batshit insane inventions mixed in with some great drama at times held my attention much better.

I never understood the danger of falling into a swimming pool whilst some fireworks went off but the fans loved it.

That was the weirdest one for me. still I watched it. 

90's Japan is pretty much my favourite period in wrestling ever, and I usually struggle to get into stuff that's "before my time" as it tends to lack emotional context. But here there's just so much variety and so many great promotions floating around.

Just curious, is it just 90's Japan you can't get into or Japanese Wrestling in general ?

I used to like Michinoku Pro, W*ing, IWA and FMW. I even enjoyed those weird W*ing shows they did in 95 though there were about 50 people in attendance.

Of the 2 NJPW/AJPW I preferred New japan. I didn't hate all of it there were some great matches. It will go against what I said but I liked the J cup. But wasn't a fan of the AJPW tag matches with Stan Hansen and the likes. 

Lucha Underground. dont get it. the arena looks really cool, and there's obviously some talent there but the super cinematic style of the backstage stuff just completely takes me out of it. not my kind of product whatsoever

What do you mean by "the first 15 minutes of Raw/Nitro"? you hate all opening segments?

Chris Jericho: just never got into him at all. Found him boring and tedious from day one.

John Cena: always 'meh' to me. I'll never criticise his effort and dedication & I get why WWE shoves him down everyone's throats but he's a guaranteed channel changer for me.

Shane McMahon: irksome rich boy schlock. I won't fault his willingness (stupidity) to take risks but hate him in whenever he appeared.

• Paid Members

This thread is going to be full of stupid people nominating stuff they are too stupid to appreciate. I can feel it.

IRS - Now that cunt was actually boring.

Last Man Standing matches - Almost entirely tedious.

Dino Bravo - Smoking kills but not as many as Bravo's matches.

David Otunga - Most pointless employee in WWE history?

The Bret/Shawn iron-man. So, so, dull.

• Paid Members

Dino Bravo - Smoking kills but not as many as Bravo's matches.

Well, smoking definitely killed in Bravo's case, that's for sure.

Scott Norton was ace. Just looked like a total and utter badass. I think the first time I clapped eyes on the big lump was his brief stint in WCW in 1993 where he was just killing jobbers on Worldwide every week in seconds. That's why his nickname was 'Flash', you see. Not because he does the hard work, so you don't have to. But because he smashed these jabronis like he needed a shit and had to get to the bogs fast. I thought him and Bagwell teaming as 'Vicious & Delicious' in the NWO days were a tad underrated as well. I even enjoyed Fire & Ice when he was teaming with fucking Ice Train. They had some belting hard hitting matches with the Steiners on Nitro and Saturday Night in 1996. Scott Norton was fine by me.

• Paid Members

The Bret/Shawn iron-man. So, so, dull.

Easily the best nomination on here so far. WWE like to bang on about this like it was a Flair/Steamboat classic, but fuck me was it tedious. Perhaps my two favourite wrestlers at the time and they let them have a classic for an hour...except rather than have a classic they sucked the life out of wrestling.

Poor booking as well, making it 0-0 after normal time! Nothing happened. I remember Michaels did a moonsault press at one point, but that's it. A lot of lying around on the mat, but not in an interesting, scientific kind of way.

Just a horrible, horrible match.

Archived