Wrestlers or types of matches you find boring/ or overated.

FWA Goon

I think their issue is now overbooking their angles. Few years ago used to be really solid but on a big stage it still comes off as small time and that's never a good thing.

I agree with the overbooking, then again the only show I have watched in the last 18 months was Fear and Loathing 8 and it was not a very good show, whereas 7 was a really good show. I was originally really into it, had dvds and then subscribed to their on demand service but it soon got boring. Too many run ins, storylines no longer interesting and to be honest I think talent wise they are actually quite limited.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IRS, Grey Valentine, the Bushwackers and to a lesser extent Rick Martel and Lex Luger.

I really disliked the noises and the way Luger sells and bumps in a match.

I disagree with people saying the Bret/Shawn match was boring. I find it to be perfect story telling and excellent from a psychology stand point. How they built the match is a work of art. I can really feel the intensity and their work rate was second to none. In some ways alot of these qualities are for me what is missing in todays WWE matches. Shawn and Bret werent just going through the motions and telegraphing eachother through out, there was an air of uncertainity and spontainity despite Bret and Shawn revaling after that they had laid out the big spots prior in order to get the timing for the finish perfect which in itself is incredible.

• Paid Members

I've always hated strap matches, and they all seem to have the same finish where the babyface touches all three corners while being dragged by the heel, finally managing to touch the fourth with a leverage move of some kind. To a lesser extent, lumberjack matches have always been pretty samey.

I must say, I've never had the hatred for IRS that a lot of people seem to have. Was a product of his era and pretty over as a heel, I loved Money Inc.

Ring of Honor is a promotion I've just never seen the attraction of. Admittedly I haven't watched hardly any over recent years, but it always seemed like wrestling with all the fun sucked out of it. A bit like what the WWE later became in the late 2000's, two guys in underpants wrestling for no real reason. I don't care if they're 5* classics, wrestling is about the characters and storyline first and foremost. Match quality is just the cherry on top.

Archived