You have a week to live...

Steve Justice

Re-watch three films.

-The Shawshank Redemption

- Goodfellas

- Rocky

Re-watch one season of a TV show.

- Breaking Bad (Season 4)

Listen to five albums you've already listened to.

- Prince: Sign O The Times

-Stevie Wonder: Songs in the Key of Life

- MJ: Off the Wall

- The Jacksons: Triumph

- Sam Cooke: The Rhythm and the Blues

Play one computer game you've already played.

- Football Manager 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Albums

This is a tough one for me because I've never been a great lover of albums, more individual songs. I'll go for those that I have owned in the past as I've liked a vast majority of the tracks on them. The Chronic, Dirty Dancing OST, The Essential Elvis Presley, Thriller & Led Zeppelin 4.

This week on Steve Justice Does Things Wrong, we find out Steve doesn't know how to listen to music properly. As such he is unable to properly answer a question that he himself has proposed. Hilarity ensues.

This week will involve opening all those "special" bottles of bourbon I've been saving for an unspecified event - the Gold Medal Jacks, the Blanton's Gold etc, i think my impending death is worthy of it... what kind of death is it I'll experience, am I in pain, suffering or will iI just drop dead? because that might affect the LPs I put on...  but still without thinking too much about it and off the top of my head i'd say -

films - Deadpool, Paddington, It's A Wonderful Life. a rollercoaster of the only emotions this human body is able to feel in three film sized chunks.

TV Show - i'm going to say The Prisoner. it's been a few years since i watched it and maybe the knowledge of my impending death will provide an increased understanding of the final episode.

LPs - this is the tricky one, there's too fucking many, but if i'm pushed to choose five for one week and considering how much i'll be drinking i'll say..... Exile on Main Street by The Rolling Stones. Ramones by The Ramones, Exile on Coldharbour Lane by Alabama 3, Q Are We Not Men? A We Are Devo by Devo and Work, Lovelife, Miscellaneous by David Devant & His Spirit Wife

computer game - nah you're alright, can i have a few more LPs instead? if not... Lego City Undercover.

Are these the only things we're allowed to do during that week? If so then most of it will be spent playing Dark Souls, trying all sorts of silly runs including the dreaded soul level 1 challenge which means you can't spend souls on upgrading a single stat.

I've done this in just under 6 hours. It's not as hard as it sounds. Get yourself a Chaos infused Reinforced Club and a Lightning infused Giant Blacksmith Hammer. Upgrade them both to +5/+10 and you're doing Level 100+ damage at Level 1. You won't be needing a shield as most things will 1 shot you anyway late game, so just use those weapons two handed and you're golden.

Edit: On topic, I don't watch a lot of telly or listen to a great deal of music but for the game, I'd probably bust out Mass Effect 2. The series is one of my favourite trilogies in gaming, and I'd naturally play all 3 if they were allowed. Sticking to the rules though, ME2 without any thought at all.

• Paid Members

You can only do the following with the time you have left.

Re-watch three films.

Re-watch one season of a TV show.

Listen to five albums you've already listened to.

Play one computer game you've already played.

What are your choices? And, if you can be bothered, why?

I'd have all of the following washed down with bottles of Disaronno, Sambuca, pints of Shipyard and, for the hangovers, San Pellagrino Sparkling Water. Between drinks would be mouthfuls Nachos, Tacos and Enchiladas. I'm sure when i finally pass and my bowls inevitably unplug i'll be laughing myself into another near-death at the thought of the authorities cleaning all that up. 

Three Films: 40 Year Old Virgin, The Dark Knight and Scott Pilgrim VS The World. I have a lot of great memories associated with these flicks, plus they're great films to boot. 

One TV Season: The 6th Season of The Simpsons. It was hard to pick one. I'm actually going back and forth between other seasons in my head as I type this. Yeah, the 6th. Definitely. Probably. Season four is amazing too. So is Seven. And Five. Actually, whats that season where Homer eats the sushi and believes he will die the next day? That would be a goo one. No, Season 5. No, 6 for fucks sake. Fuck.

Five Albums: Deja Entendu by Brand New, Tell All Your Friends by Taking Back Sunday, In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth by Coheed & Cambria, Spiritual Machines by Our Lady Peace and Pneuma by Moving Mountains. This was pretty easy as most of these are my five favorite albums. The Ugly Organ by Cursive is usually in the Top 5 as well but i substituted it for Pneuma as this particular album deals with death, acceptance and rebirth so it would be an incredibly emotional listen. 

Video Game: Has to be an open world game. I'll cheat and go with GTA 5. I've only played the first few missions of the story mode but technically i've all ready played it so it counts. It's a bloody massive game by all accounts and it would be great to do something fresh in-between all the revisiting. 

Fuck, i'm going to book a week off work, grab a hotel away from the missus and lock myself away just to try this.

3 Films-

- Robocop(original). The greatest film ever made.

- Friday the 13th Part 8. Need a laugh as well as JASON.

- Scarecrow. Proper boss film. A different side to Pacino

1 TV Season-

- Californication S3- Hank at his absolute best.

5 Albums-

- Alice in Chains- Dirt

- Megadeth- Countdown to Extinction

- Faith No More- Greatest Hits(best greatest hits ever released)

- Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory

- Limp Bizkit- Chocolate Starfish

1 Video Game-

- Fifa 2015

Films

Shawshank Redemption

Oldboy (Original)

Godfather Part II

TV Season

This was fucking difficult, but I'd have to go with The Simpsons Series 7. Although Series 5 is pretty stonewall classic from beginning to end, Seven has my favourite episode, 'King Size Homer', followed straight away by the heart wrenching ending to 'Mother Simpson' so that series gets the nod

Albums

Rammstein - Mutter

Obsidian Kingdom - Mantiis:An Agony In Fourteen Bites

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

The Who - Who's Next

Video Game

Gears of War

Jebus had a ponderance over this, and yeah well struggling. However if I knew the end was coming..

Films

Transformers The Movie

The Wizard of Speed and Time

Groundhog Day

TV Season

Wish Me Luck S1, best of the bunch and gripping all the way through. Not to everyone's taste, but i enjoy it all of the same

Albums
Kerbdog- On The Turn

Iron Maiden- Dance of Death

Shed Seven- One Hand Clapping

Mansun- Kleptomania

Massive Attack-  Blue Lines

Video Game
WWF Wrestlefest

Films

The Godfather parts 1 and 2 (yes I'm cheating, fight me)

Goodfellas

Gangs of New York

TV Season

Any of Peep Show series 3, The Simpsons season 5, Family Guy season 2 or Malcolm in the middle season 4

Albums

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way

The Killers - Hot Fuss

The Notorious BIG - Ready to Die

The Clash - The Clash

Video Game

Tekken 3

• Awards Moderator

North by Northwest

Blazing Saddles

When Harry Met Sally

The Office (US), season 3

Rubber Soul

Nebraska

All Things Must Pass

Time Without Consequence

Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion because it was the last computer game I played.

Archived