Ultimate Fighter Season 24 Thread * Flyweights

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

the new season debuted last night in America, not sure when the UK air date is? but i thought we might as well put a thread up as the concept this season is pretty compelling. I said i'd stick with the last season but fell away, im determined to stay on top of this one.

There's also a season of TUF Latin America going on too so might as discuss that too if anyone is watching?

TUF24-cast-690x370.jpg

foto_0000000120160411192532.png

• Paid Members

Is it bad that, in 2016, I'd be more excited to watch Chuck Liddell vs Forrest Griffin than see Mighty Mouse bamboozle Benavidez or clown Cejudo again?

I'll be honest, I didn't stick with the McGregor vs Faber season to the end, so I can't see me watching much of these two.

Both fights on the first episode delivered, it could be a very high standard of fights this season.

At least it should offer some intrigue as to who will face Mighty Mouse next, just glad it isn't a rehash like Benavidez/Cejudo getting the shot. Damacio Page still looks like he'd be a right twat.

• Paid Members

Yep I was very impressed with that first episode. (I'm sure we've been here before)

Seriously though, it was great. I had no idea going in the guys were all champions in from around the world. It was a pretty cool visual seeing them all stood there with their belts. The 2 fights were vastly different but both really enjoyable watches. I'm guessing all these guys for the most part will end up in the 125 division proper? Brandon Moreno looks like bags of fun.

I've always never been bothered either way by Benavidez in the past but I thought he came across really well every time he was on camera here. Seems a real solid coach too. 

Lets hope this continues.

Yep I was very impressed with that first episode. (I'm sure we've been here before)

Seriously though, it was great. I had no idea going in the guys were all champions in from around the world. It was a pretty cool visual seeing them all stood there with their belts. The 2 fights were vastly different but both really enjoyable watches. I'm guessing all these guys for the most part will end up in the 125 division proper? Brandon Moreno looks like bags of fun.

I've always never been bothered either way by Benavidez in the past but I thought he came across really well every time he was on camera here. Seems a real solid coach too. 

Lets hope this continues.

They are all champions of different MMA organisations, so I guess it depends on what agreement UFC have with them (if it is a one-off with them being allowed to fight on TUF and then they are back to defending their titles, or if UFC will be able to sign some of them to UFC contracts).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Don't have time for TUF these days but I'm tempted to watch it in wind-forward-to-the-fight-part mode.

Edit: In fact, Fight Pass should have a "just the fights" feature for exactly this sort of thing!

This season has been really good fight wise and doesn't come across as trashy, I guess they need to do that with Japanese, Brazilian & Mexican's who barely speak English.

The coaches rivalry is really forced but I like the little home videos and fight highlights from their promotions the guys have, makes it feel a lot more sports like and they aren't getting pissed and acting like idiots because they all know the winner gets a shot at Mighty Mouse.

I thought the Damacio Page fight was stopped a bit early, he got hurt to the body but blocked all the head shots.

• Paid Members

I love that the 'prize' on this show is getting your arse kicked by arguably the best P4P fighter on the planet. And it's not even like it'll be a monster payday. If it was a boxing show with the winner getting a crack at Mayweather then at least you'd think 'well, he's gonna lose but at least he'll make a nice $mil or whatever'. The winner of this gets battered by Ned Flanders with cauliflower ears in front of 200K PPV buyers tops. Unless they whack something huge on top like McGregor's next fight or something.

• Paid Members

OK, the prize is getting your arse kicked by the mixed race Minion on a show only the hardcores are probably going to watch the night before (what's looking like) GSP's return to the octagon. No-one's going to be talking about the TUF finale, before or after that weekend.

I actually love watching Mouse fight but he could probably do with an opponent who can both test him in the cage and needle him out of it. Like Sonnen was for Anderson. But I don't think that man exists at flyweight. If he does, he's certainly not on the UFC roster at the moment.

Archived