Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone other than complete marks respect pretend fighting belts? God knows what some mental cases in the business have done to those things over the years.

I find it pretty hilarious that fans are getting outraged about that as well. I mean, sure I get why from WWE's point of view that will be the worst transgression here. But why any fans give a shit is beyond me. This in particular made me laugh out loud -

What a slap in the face to all the esteemed performers that held that prestigious championship.

It's a prop from a tv show, guys. That said, I do totally get the appeal of wanting to jizz on it.
Yep, the reaction on twitter to that has been pretty interesting to read. Some people take this wrestling thing way to seriously.

It's a joke because:

A) she was the first NXT champion I think and

B) the divas title was a complete joke.

Is the title thing really a deal to people???

I'd imagine Flair wore his NWA title in many seedy situations back in the day.

C7OlWn4U0AANxjc.jpg

1. You don't know if that's the same title

2. You don't know when the photo was taken in like with the video

Nice to see the pitchforks are out.

We don't know if that's the same title, won't stop parents from losing their shit though. I imagine there is already a group of pissed off middle aged women freaking out about any wrestler putting their championships on children's shoulders if they get used for target practice

• Awards Moderator

It was the scratch logo NXT title so it's not in use any more.

The belt image really is the important one as far as the business goes, and what makes it different from the Seth Rollins issue. The title is perceived as being the symbol of the company. Go watch the Network stories on Madusa dumping the women's belt in the bin, or the blurring of the WCW title in Flair's WWF debut, or the entire Montreal screwjob happening because Vince didn't want the belt being disrespected on TV.

We may shrug our shoulders at it, but it's clear the title is more than that to WWE. Sure Flair (or anyone in the 80s or 90s) might've done crazy things with it, but there's no photographic evidence. I'm certain a champ or two has snorted stuff off it or used it as a sex prop but there's no evidence.

In an era when the product is as family friendly as it's ever been, I'm stunned she's not already future endeavoured.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

1. You don't know if that's the same title

2. You don't know when the photo was taken in like with the video

Nice to see the pitchforks are out.

Not the point. Considering her schedule, she most likely took similar photos with the belt in question within a few days of it being jizzed on. And it was probably just wiped down with a wet wipe after - which won't get it out of the grooves. It's not about "disrespecting" the belt or what it represents - it's about letting kids hold a belt that was yopped all over. It's fucking gross from a hygiene POV. There's a very, very high chance a kid's hand literally touched off encrusted semen - that's the reality of it. Everything else she did is her own business.

I'd be fucking fuming if my kid was in a similar photo around that time.

Edited by herbie747

• Moderators

It's a joke because:

A) she was the first NXT champion I think and

B) the divas title was a complete joke.

Ah fair enough then. Some people are genuinely reacting like that though and it's really dumb.

the point. Considering her schedule, she most likely took similar photos with the belt in question within a few days of it being jizzed on. And it was probably just wiped down with a wet wipe after - which won't get it out of the grooves. It's not about "disrespecting" the belt or what it represents - it's about letting kids hold a belt that was yopped all over a few days earlier. It's fucking gross from a hygiene POV. There's a very, very high chance a kid's hand literally touched off encrusted semen - that's the reality of it. Everything else she did is her own business.

I'd be fucking fuming if my kid was in a similar photo around that time.

Well we already know it doesn't take much to get you worked up so that doesn't say much. The hygiene factor is a complete fucking non-issue. If you read any articles about germs and substances and whatnot, they tell you that if you've ever gone out in public anywhere pretty everything's covered in a layer of bodily fluids and solids. Your child has almost certainly touched some crusty cum at some point.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Glad you think kids touching off encrusted cum is a "complete fucking non-issue". Each to their own - we all have different standards of hygiene, but others might find that scenario slightly unacceptable.

"Well we already know it doesn't take much to get you worked up"

I know - what a fool. Getting so worked up (even though I didn't) over something so trivial as kids touching crusty jizz. As surprising as it may seem to you, these things aren't the norm for all of us, Chest.

Parent 1: "My kid met NXT champ Paige yesterday - he was chuffed - even got to hold the belt!"

Parent 2: "Do you know her boyfriend jipped all over that same belt the day before?"

Parent 1: "WTF??? That's disgusting - are you fucking serious??"

Chest Rockwell: "Get over it - it's a complete fucking non-issue. Stop getting so worked up, losers. Kids touch off cum all the time where I come from."

Yeah, Chest - I'm sure all the parents of kids who took similar photos will be totally cool with it. It's just me overreacting to a perfectly normal every-day scenario here.

Edited by herbie747

I didn't even think about the kids bit. It was more the going back into work and having her colleagues (time keeper, opponents, referee etc) tough the belt. It's fucking horrible.

This only applies though if it was the belt used for shows and not just a couple of replicas she got for being champion. Hopefully, that's the case.

How many times do you reckon you've shaken some guys spermy morning wank hand and didn't die from it?

I could see the fuss if Brad n Xavier dropped a couple cleaveland steamers on it/her

I'm certain a champ or two has snorted stuff off it or used it as a sex prop but there's no evidence.

I'd be surprised if most of them hadn't at some point. I dressed as CM Punk for one night on Halloween and managed to do both (in that order)

How do you fit a belt up...you know what, never mind...

How many times do you reckon you've shaken some guys spermy morning wank hand and didn't die from it?

I could see the fuss if Brad n Xavier dropped a couple cleaveland steamers on it/her

I wouldn't die if someone shit in my mouth either. Doesn't mean it's on my bucket list.

• Moderators

Herbie - I just said the hygiene factor is a complete non-issue. Which it is, for the reasons I mentioned. You're well within your rights to be grossed out about it. Taking SJnumbers' jizz hand metaphor - of course you wouldn't shake the guy's hand if you knew it had cum on it, and would be grossed out if you found out afterwards. But it's not actually going to hurt you. That's what hygiene means.

Edited by Chest Rockwell