The Geek Convention Thread.

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

Any of you lot going? If so, I'll be the on Saturday spending most of the day at the board game tables ogling big lasses dressed as black widow. Come and say hello!

• Paid Members

Can we maybe turn this thread into a general con one rather than Manchester only?

I'd like to go to the Manc one sometime but can't afford it right now. I was at Star Wars Celebration the weekend before last and getting my costume ready for MCM London in October. Anyone going to Walker Stalker Con next year?

• Moderators

I think it's his job to coral them, which is why he's dreading Flair being a nightmare.

One hundred and eighty,

Even though meeting Monkee was awesome. I was trying to sort out RVD (drop those names), sweating like a stuck pig, and I see a pretty lady look at me and say

"Butch?"

"Aye"

"Alright?

Then I think I did some swearing under my breath."

• Paid Members

Can we maybe turn this thread into a general con one rather than Manchester only?

I'd like to go to the Manc one sometime but can't afford it right now. I was at Star Wars Celebration the weekend before last and getting my costume ready for MCM London in October. Anyone going to Walker Stalker Con next year?

My cousin was at the Star Wars one, manning the Samsonite booth.

• Paid Members

You just edit your first post. Come on! You've been here long enough, grandad!

Honestly didn't think it would be that straightforward! Done.

• Paid Members

Heading to the London film and comic con tomorrow for the day. I've never been to one before so have no idea what to expect. I took a look at how much autographs and photographs were with the guests and it's absolutely ridiculous for some of them:

Dolph Lundgren - £55/65 depending on what you want signed. 

Jeremy Renner - £75 for his autograph!

Carl Weathers - £30/40 depending on what you want signed

Famke Janssen - £45

Peter Mayhew - £40

Mads Mikkelsen - £40

Kim Coates - £25

Ian McDiarmid - £60!

Edge - £25

Michael Emerson - £30

Michelle Gomes - £25

Jack Gleeson - £35

Elden Hanson - £25

I presume they also get paid to attend the convention? People like Mayhew and McDiarmid must make an absolute fortune every year. 

• Paid Members

Why do people charge for autographs! I used to like a lot of them up there, now I just lot respect for them.
Especially the likes of Renner and Mikkelson who earn a decent wedge as it is.

Ernie Hudson was charging 50 bob an autograph over here a couple years back. So I went into the traps and dribbled some pee into a styrofoam cup, and put it into the jug of water that was on their table. Only a dribble, but enough to give me a sense of reckoning.

• Paid Members

I once attended a wrestling show where Sandman was drinking cans of beer, provided by the promoter, signing them and then selling them to kids for £20 a pop. You would have to be bonkers to pay those prices. Forty quid for Chewbacca's autograph!

Archived