Promoters putting themselves over

martinQblank

Thinking about the What Culture promotion which is essentially the promoters just putting themselves over - what are the most shameless and not very good attempts by promoters to make them the stars of the show . Can include bookers.

Vince and Eric largely are excluded as most of what they have done has been pretty great - ones that immediately spring to mind are Vince Russo - WCW champion, anything involving Alex Shane and Pete Staniforth front n centre on his posters

Alex Shane? Was rarely the focal point of shows he was running. And when he was he deserved to be.

Are all the What Culture morons actually the promoters, or are they just featured 'talent' to accompany the name brand?

Peter Staniforth wins this thread by a mile. Features himself in some way in every match he books and ALWAYS books himself or his charges to come out on top.

I'm meeting him at the pub yesterday to tell him you've posted this.

Fantastic!

Looking forward to his posts.

I know of many a promoter, (in the UK), who have ran their own promotion essentially to push themselves as champion. Many wrestlers run promotions in the UK and keep themselves away from the top spot, (if wrestle at all), but I've met many promoter who are the booker/champion (normally multiple times as well) and push themselves as "local town hero" as well.

Archived