Promoters putting themselves over

martinQblank

I didn't think he was still promoting events at all. Is your local in Luton, or has he moved on to pastures new?

Edit - I'm starting to regret mentioning him now. I fear this may just become an Anti-Staniforth thread. However, should he show up at any point, at least we'll get a new thread for the gold board.

Bless him....

It's now saying it's not available. Could he have took it down himself?

Are you on your phone? 

I tried watching on my phone and it said it was unavailable, then tried a while later on my PC and it played ok.

The only Staniforth related things I recall are him stopping a show to moan about some other fed? Him being identified as a hooligan, and him booking 67 wrestlers (or there abouts) for the first 1PW show.

Any more info on this dude?

I think it was Hat Guy who posted quite the damning review about the promotion Peter used to/still runs. Also, from Bull Harley's entry in the Shitarse 50:

"In his defence, he once turned up at a Staniforth show threatening to kill Petey for some reason. The police were called and Harley left. Staniforth responded to this by going out to the ring while a (no doubt rotten) match was taking place, getting in the ring, stopping the match, in order to cut a SHOOT PROMO on Bull Harley. Who, by the way, he never books. And the entire debacle was unknown to the fans. So, unintelligible heel manager cuts short a match to rant and rave about an incident that nobody saw, and even if they had seen it, nobody would have cared. This is Staniforth's honorary induction, by the way. Christ, I hope he wrestles at some point in the next year."

Sounds like a barrel of laughs.

• Paid Members

I didn't think he was still promoting events at all. Is your local in Luton, or has he moved on to pastures new?

Edit - I'm starting to regret mentioning him now. I fear this may just become an Anti-Staniforth thread. However, should he show up at any point, at least we'll get a new thread for the gold board.

Not Luton. Totton in Southampton for a company named CWP. Doug Williams is on the show but the rest look like complete shitarses.

This is nothing new for Steph though. She used to belittle most of the talent during her GM days also. But in 2003 it didn't bother most people because she would always have her huge tits hanging out during most of her promos to provide a bit of wank material. 

In 2003 she hadn't upset the internet yet by having an argument with Paul Heyman, had she? Or had that already happened? Hunter was definitely still the main internet heel at the time. I definitely remember complaints about that time Cena did a rap about how sexy Steph is though.

Is she even a promoter though?

• Paid Members

As far as I recall, the "belittling talent" criticism never came up regarding Steph in the Attitude era, probably because she often got her comeuppance from people like Chyna, Linda, Trish, Lita, Jericho, The Rock, and (I may be remembering this wrong, though) the Dudleys.

I don't think it's fair to include Stephanie in this because a) there is a HUGE difference between wwe and local promotions and b)She is a valuable asset to the company. When I hear the term 'promoters putting themselves over' I think of rubbish to average wrestlers who book shows that feature themselves as main event

Archived