What Culture Pro Wrestling LIVE (Newcastle) - 27th & 28th July

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Moss & Liam Slater beat Moustache Mountain

Martin Kirby beat Big Damo

Nixon Newell beat Kimber Lee in a streetfight

Jason Prime, Prospect & HT Drake beat El Desperado, Gabriel Kidd, Prince Ameen and Rampage Brown in a 8 man tag elimination match

Minoru Suzuki beat Joe Coffey

Joseph Connors beat Joe Hendry

El Ligero beat Pete Dunne

Pete Dunne & Travis Banks beat El Ligero and Alberto Del Rio

Kurt Angle beat Cody Rhodes

Supermarkets sell lots of things at a loss as overall they make it back in other areas. They are making lots of money off wrestling, and investing it back in via the wrestlers. Rather that than they just trousered it

I'm not convinced they're a positive for British wrestling. They put on shows at a loss, the quality of which can't be matched by promoters who are in the business to make money. My concern is they'll damage smaller shows and smaller promotions who can't match the star power because they can't afford to blow 75k on talent.

It's a shame the crowd was so unbearable at that Manchester show. It was as if the entire crowd was unaware that wrestling shows actually happen in real life, and this was their one and only opportunity to get their shit in. "This is awesome" chants in nearly every match, tons of WWE/TNA stuff, having their own matches because they were bored by Joe Conners (fair play, I can't really fault them on that one)... It was the utterly cringeworthy "are you watching, Vince McMahon?" during Kurt/Cody that just about finished me off though. I know it's an internet show, but fucking hell fire. It was like all the worst parts of every message board rolled into one...

• Paid Members

Had a look at this because I’m a boring stat person for a living. Just looking at the WCPW page alone, the total Youtube views on the 134 videos thus far there is 6,043,000, rounded to the nearest thousand. Their average views per video is 45k - a typical episode of their TV on this page doing slightly less than that, with 6 of their videos being what I’d call big hits, doing numbers between 100,000 and 200,000 views.

Youtube RPM (Revenue per thousand views) is somewhat subjective depending on where you read (and factors like YT not monetising videos with questionable content), but using the absolute most generous estimate I can find ($3.40 per thousand views – after Youtube take their cut) they’d make $20,566.60 from the YouTube channel. Using a less generous estimate ($1.36 per thousand views) they’d make in the region of $8226.64.

So at current exchange rates it’s in the region of £6,693 - £16,314 total for the WCPW page.

Edit - It gets more complicated when you add in the WCPW videos they've added to their overall What Culture Wrestling YouTube. Those numbers are harder to extrapolate, so maybe I’ll take a harder look later, but I can see 90 videos give or take related to WCPW on there.

The ones I can see have done a total of 8,017,000 views so again with the varying CPM we’re talking between $10,903-$27,258 (or £8.897-£22,338). So that more than doubles it, and it’s very impressive – but I’m still not sure it justifies a wrestling promotion.

Had a look at this because I’m a boring stat person for a living. Their total Youtube views on their 134 videos thus far is 6,043,000, rounded to the nearest thousand. Their average views per video is 45k - a typical episode of their TV doing slightly less than that, with 6 of their videos being what I’d call big hits, doing numbers between 100,000 and 200,000 views.

Youtube RPM (Revenue per thousand views) is somewhat subjective depending on where you read (and factors like YT not monetising videos with questionable content), but using the absolute most generous estimate I can find ($3.40 per thousand views – after Youtube take their cut) they’ve made $20,566.60 from Youtube. Using a less generous estimate ($1.36 per thousand views) they’d make in the region of $8226.64.

So using current exchange rates it’s in the region of £6,693 - £16,314 total. All time. That’d be impressive, but I’m not sure that buys you much more than a single Kurt Angle appearance.

That's just on their WCPW page though they have other channels as well

They have 115,756,662 views on this channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/whatculturevids/videos

366,140,661 views on this one

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq8jp0E99ELBvmBxjJ-JLgA/videos

41,662,120 views here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvO9Xk3bheuxEemvknCj72g/videos

572,734 views here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCUn2h3qcfj7poHhJKZhLDA/videos

Pretty sure it's all run by the same guys, they have their own website too which probably brings in ad revenue as well I'm guessing

• Paid Members

Thanks for that. I’m not sure it’s fair to include the existing general What Culture Youtube or the MMA or Gaming ones especially, but the WCPW content on the Wrestling page is very fair I didn't see that. Have updated my original post.

Archived