What Culture Pro Wrestling LIVE (Newcastle) - 27th & 28th July

the two that happened to be named Adam have some great comedic timing 

Do you like comedy?

Yeah, it's funny as fuck fam.

I aint watched one of their videos in a couple months, and normally when I did watch them it was in the midst of a late night booze/weed internet binge but they have a good little double act dynamic going on, the black haired one does the obnoxious thing well enough and the one with glasses is good at the deadpan stuff. Not saying they're geniuses, but the channel would mean dick compared to all the other wrestling clickbait out there if it was not for those two

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And draw back on the use of the WhatCulture staff to perhaps just two storys a week.

Or no stories a week, preferably.

Clearly though whether we like it or not, the personalities are liked by a lot of their core audience, go over and look at the YouTube channels viewership for that. So to remove them entirely leaves us with just a generic Brit wrestling show, sponsored by WC. Seems dumb to me, each to our own though.

Watched the 1st episode. To be honest I didn't even think the wrestling was that good. The 1st was decent, 2nd was a good comedy, 3rd was pretty bad and 4th was a big disappointment (not a bad match and I went in expecting more). Need to make matches longer, I am sure they could have given Hendry vs Damo a few more minutes, could easily have taken it from Coffey vs Ameen. Joe Hendry saved the show to be honest, he was funny and made it watchable. He needs to be the heavy focus. 

I thought Prince Ameen's promo was shit and just went on. I thought the commentary was shit. King Ross is not funny, I understand you need to have a commentator you dislike but not one that you dislike in a way that puts you off watching. To be fair the other commentator was poor also, the face commentator was not likeable, had no passion and gave the impression that he did not want to be there.

Cannot believe so many people like them (look at the comments on youtube). As others have said they need to have a middle ground of focus on wrestlers and what culture people rather than sticking to one side. 

Will watch 2nd episode to see if it improves, but it really needs to. They have the wrestler's to put on a good show. 

Watched the 1st episode. To be honest I didn't even think the wrestling was that good. The 1st was decent, 2nd was a good comedy, 3rd was pretty bad and 4th was a big disappointment (not a bad match and I went in expecting more). Need to make matches longer, I am sure they could have given Hendry vs Damo a few more minutes, could easily have taken it from Coffey vs Ameen. Joe Hendry saved the show to be honest, he was funny and made it watchable. He needs to be the heavy focus. 

I thought Prince Ameen's promo was shit and just went on. I thought the commentary was shit. King Ross is not funny, I understand you need to have a commentator you dislike but not one that you dislike in a way that puts you off watching. To be fair the other commentator was poor also, the face commentator was not likeable, had no passion and gave the impression that he did not want to be there.

Cannot believe so many people like them (look at the comments on youtube). As others have said they need to have a middle ground of focus on wrestlers and what culture people rather than sticking to one side. 

Will watch 2nd episode to see if it improves, but it really needs to. They have the wrestler's to put on a good show. 

You really don't, though. 

You really don't, though. 

Yeah true, I think maybe the idea has become so drummed into the head as they have tried to do it for so long. Sadly it is where many commentary teams fail. However you do need commentators who are invested in the match and have passion, they still fail on that point. 

• Paid Members

Will that cunt in the crown be beaten repeatedly?

why's is he even on the channel? all the presenters are smug and unlikeable but they do a pretty good job of hosting a video. The cunt in the crown is just shit.

• 2 weeks later...

What Culture on Youtube. "WWE booking is shit."

What Culture Pro Wrestling. "Let's copy the formula of a WWE show."

I agree 100% The daft thing is that everything they do follows basic formulas that you'd only get from watching Attitude era WWF. Even Adam's fantasy booking (I refuse to call it 'How WWE Should've Booked', the arrogance of such a thing) is all Russo-esque "men in hooded masks attack X superstar". The first match in WCPW was a triple threat that ended in a DQ, for god's sake.

Archived