Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

20 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

I only found out he was dead this year, around September. Proper gutting, because I loved his dodgy movies, and that time he ripped Littlejohn up like a wet bog roll.

That was beautiful.  Who'd have thought in a studio debate that Winner would come out looking brilliant.

• Paid Members

So, I went to the hospital today to have my cast off and be given an aircast boot, fully expecting to begin to be able to put weight on my leg. Unfortunately the xray showed some fracture still so I now have a further two weeks of only one working leg which means Christmas is going to SUCK. 

• Paid Members

Does anyone who uses a Firestick to watch YouTube keep getting message saying YouTube will no longer be available come January 1st? 

Is this just some bullshit back and forth between Google and Amazon which will likely blow over or is it legit and I need to find a new device come January? 

Yea Google and Amazon have had a falling out. Seems a tit for tat thing with Google moaning no Chromecast etc on Amazon etc. So they responded with no YouTube on Firestick unless they make up.

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/google-blocks-youtube-fire-tv-echo-show-1202631248

Edited by Really Big Shoe

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

Does anyone who uses a Firestick to watch YouTube keep getting message saying YouTube will no longer be available come January 1st? 

Is this just some bullshit back and forth between Google and Amazon which will likely blow over or is it legit and I need to find a new device come January? 

Genuinely surprised YouTube is still available via the Firestick, I bought my daughter an Amazon Fire tablet last Christmas and you can't download YouTube or any Google app to it (well you can, if you faff about rooting it to install the apk and invalidate the warranty or some shit). It's a pain in the arse, but fortunately there are other unofficial YouTube viewer apps available through Amazon's own app store.