The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

• Paid Members

I could see him dropping to featherweight if he signs with the UFC. A few fighters have dropped a division when they've signed but I can't recall specific examples off the top of my head. He does look small for 155 to me, and that would be more of a factor against UFC level guys. 

I can't stand Pimblett myself. He's a good fighter and I can admit he's got a certain charisma, heel charisma to me, but I just can't take to him. I'd like to see him in the UFC and I think he will be sooner or later, but he's a guy I know I'm always going to be rooting against. Just has the air of a proper twat. 

• Paid Members

yeah Pimblett said he had unfinished business at 145. So the plan is probably to fight for the 155lb belt (which they hinted at several times during the show will be vacated), then get the ufc shout.l and drop back to 145lb.

Weren't they saying he had trouble weight cutting I missed most of his first round but I think I heard them say that, he did spew up a good while ago after a 3 round fight.

I got sick of Till, McCann & Pimblett saying these are the best and loudest fans in the world, fair enough if someone neutral who has been to a lot of fights says it but not people from Liverpool.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, the_mole said:

Weren't they saying he had trouble weight cutting I missed most of his first round but I think I heard them say that, he did spew up a good while ago after a 3 round fight.

cant recall that, but they hinted strongly throughout the card that Chris Fishgold was headed off to a bigger stage (surely the UFC) and it looks like Pimblett would be fighting for that vacant belt.

1 hour ago, the_mole said:

I got sick of Till, McCann & Pimblett saying these are the best and loudest fans in the world, fair enough if someone neutral who has been to a lot of fights says it but not people from Liverpool.

I probably mentioned this already, and I know the commentator has to be a hype man.  After one of Pimblett's wins, he jumped into the crowd and the commentator came out with "And you thought The Beatles were popular in these parts, it's nothing compared to this".  Yeah mate, fuck off and bring back those two bald blokes, the Daves or whatever they were called.

• Paid Members

Cage Warriors 91 is this weekend, they are coming thick and fast after a re-group start of the year:

iKnItHl.jpg

Josh Reed v Brian Bouland (Bantamweight)

Ross Houston v Aaron Khalid (Welterweight)

Richard Williams v Donovan Desmae (Lightweight)

Gavin Kelly v Kris Edwards (Bantamweight)

Maria Vittoria Colonna v Cory Mckenna (Women’s Strawweight)

Enjoyed last week's show, and i like to take a little more notice of the Welsh shows so i'll be watching this. Main eventer Reed is coming off one of the fights of the year last year in a losing effort to Bantamweight Champ Nathanial Wood.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Cage Warriors bang out their biggest annual show of the year tomorrow night, 'Super Saturday'...

Event_lg_950x440-1-803ae18c70.jpg

http://cagewarriors.com/cw92-super-saturday-full-fight-card-broadcast-details/

all the details you need there ^ id be watching this one live on the telly if it wasnt for the Whyte/Browne fight over on Sky. Should be a good one.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Cage Warriors bang out their biggest annual show of the year tomorrow night, 'Super Saturday'...

Event_lg_950x440-1-803ae18c70.jpg

http://cagewarriors.com/cw92-super-saturday-full-fight-card-broadcast-details/

all the details you need there ^ id be watching this one live on the telly if it wasnt for the Whyte/Browne fight over on Sky. Should be a good one.

Should be! Keen to see how Nathaiel Wood does. A UFC call must be coming soon if he can defend again. The size difference between him and Iovine looks significant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...