The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

It's no surprise that his success is London-based MMA, he's got Londoner written all over him, and despite acting like a berk he's obviously identified his niche area and is smart enough to not try and venture outwith it.

Can't fault him there, especially if he's turning a profit.

• Paid Members

i'll always have a soft spot for O'Donnell despite having a bit of a love/hate thing with the shows he put on over the years and the ways he presented them but if there was a hall of fame for contrubutions to UK MMA he'd have to be in it.

1 minute ago, Egg Shen said:

i'll always have a soft spot for O'Donnell despite having a bit of a love/hate thing with the shows he put on over the years and the ways he presented them but if there was a hall of fame for contrubutions to UK MMA he'd have to be in it.

Fuck that, he'd have to present the fucking thing!

• Paid Members

Decent night at Cage Warriors, i made the mistake of sinking a few too many beers though that put me into hazy, drunken stupor during the show so actual memories are a bit shady. Main card was good though and Cage Warriors live set up is really good, id say the arena was only about half full in all but with alot of local fighter type shows the crowd filters in and out depending on the fight, good atmosphere though.

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

Random UK show news...

There appears to be a new promotion Probellum MMA (what kind of name is that). They are advertising Ross Pearson to headliner their first show in November and they have some kind of IFL association so this may be on youtube...

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bellum is latin for war, but it looks like problem, or someone who supports bellends.  Either way, it's a no from me, Clive.

And Bellator (Latin for "warrior") sounds like a fusion of "bellend" and "fellator"

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

The Probellum card featuring the return of Paul Kelly is live on youtube Saturday evening. Listened to an interview with Kelly on Fight Disciples a few weeks back, made it sound like Probellum really have their shit together. Its worth keeping an eye on.

ERpCeBjWkAEggdj.jpg

Cage Warriors returns after a long hiatus too. Live on Fight Pass:

1920x1080-5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Unbelievably, Cage Warriors 113 still looks like it'll go ahead Friday night. Discussion was going on in the UFC thread but we might as well move it here. A lone remaining UFC fight will headline:

• Paid Members

It's absolutely mental carry on, but if it's the last we get for a couple of months, then selfishly, I'll welcome it.
Graham Boylan on Eurobash this week was horrific to listen to though. He's just absolutely devoid of personality, has literally zero charisma and may well be a sinus supremus.

Has anyone else heard the rumour that BT will be showing this in lieu of UFC London, or will it be Fight Pass only?