Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

Rampage is on the last fight on his deal and believes he still has a contract with the UFC when they let him go back to Bellator, I would guess if he loses they won't want him back but who knows.

Thanks for the information.

I'm not sure if I want Rampage to leave. Rampage vs Chael and Rampage vs Fedor are decent match-ups for what they are. 

• Paid Members

yeh, MVP has been announced for the show, no opponent yet though. Bellator have a real good 170lb division, it's time they stuck him in with a top name though, he's coming off a poor performance though so i wouldn't be surprised if Bellator use his name to shift a few tickets and give him a showcase type opponent.

MVP/Koreskov would be outstanding...im not holding my breath for that though.

MVP is on the card, it was on the press conference, they two and Coker were the only 3_there, which was weird as MVP has been trolling Daley but they never gave him the fifgt and barely anyone there arsked about Rory.

Coker said Linton Vesell will be on the card as well, seems like a decent name for Davis or Bader to beat but he'll probably get Satoshi Ishii because it's Bellator.

He was asked about Mike Goldberg in Bellator and seemed receptive & a team of Jimmy Smith & Chael Sonnen could work for a monthly fight show while Grande & someone work the smaller shows headlined by Melvin Guillard.

Spike will change its name again (was The Nashville Network, when they signed with ECW? to the Paramount Network and become less of a guys network with more scripted stuff, they will mainly concentrate on Paramount, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr & BET, they will still keep Sports but I'm. Guessing it will be top tier Bellator & PBC.

• Paid Members

1 Week to go...

image002_2.jpg

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione

Josh Thomson vs. Patricky Pitbull

Oli Thompson vs. Cheick Kongo

Brooke Maya vs. Veta Arteaga

Josh Koscheck vs. Mauricio Alonso

that's the main card.

Who knows what we get with Fedor here. We still get flashes of what he's capable of offence wise but seeing him fold from any kind of damage is worrying. I have to think if a glancing Fabio Maldonado shot can hurt Fedor, a shot from Matt Mitrione can completely finish him off. I'd love to see Fedor win but i just think it's a bad night, Mitrione is heavy handed and fast for a heavyweight, Mitrione by KO for me if im betting, but i'll cry if it happens.

Didn't even realise Kosheck had been announced, he snuck on there. Again, no idea what kind of desire he has these days, a big win could re-open the door for a future Paul Daley fight though.

Has anyone seen this promo for the show?

:laugh:

• Paid Members

Thomson vs Pitbull! I like it.

I hate the Fedor vs Meathead fight. I've got a sickening feeling Fedor's going to get knocked out and I'm not having it. If it happens I'll deny it happened forever more. It sounds horrible but I actually hope Fedor gets injured and has to pull out. That'd be preferable to fucking Meathead Mitrione getting a win over Fedor that he has no business having. It's not like it's an unwinnable fight for Fedor. Meathead is nothing special. I just think Fedor's too old, too small and he's not going to hold up to Meathead's power. Fedor shouldn't be fighting that big bag of shite. He should be caving Chael's face in or having years after the fact Pride dream matches against Wandy and Rampage. Why Meathead? This would be like Hulk Hogan choosing to headline a PPV with Nikolai bastard Volkoff when you had the likes of Warrior, Savage, DiBiase and Andre on the roster.

Can't Dana cut a deal with Coker to put Semtex vs Rory on the London UFC show and in exchange Bellator can just have Corey 'Beastin' Anderson?

• Paid Members

The more I think about it the less I understand booking Daley against Rory.

Daley Vs MVP and Rory Vs someone else = two fights much bigger than Rory Vs Daley and MVP Vs someone else.

With the London date available, it just made perfect sense to do Daley Vs MVP.

• Paid Members

I completely forgot Fedor had signed with Bellator.

I've mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it's Fedor and despite him being well past it, he's still got that big fight aura to him, IMO. Of course, the other is he's well past it and without the help of Russian judges, I don't fancy his chances much these days.

Boy needs to make some paper, though.

I've mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it's Fedor and despite him being well past it, he's still got that big fight aura to him, IMO. 

Yep. 

He's arguably the best Heavyweight ever. In fact, I think he still is for now. Cain looked set to surpass him, but his career has floundered in recent times. Given this, there's still scope for people to reminisce about Fedor's golden years. No one has outright bettered him.  Also, unlike Anderson, he hasn't spread himself thin over the years. He hasn't fought in the States since 2011. Most of his fights since then have been fairly low-profile, and only accessible through internet streams. 

It seems a tough style match-up for him. However, I could see Fedor taking Meathead's arm home with him. Something I remember about Meathead is that he isn't up too much on the ground. Kongo grapplefucked him years ago, and he's been submitted by Schaub and Rothwell in recent years. Meathead via KO seems the most obvious result, but there's hope that Fedor will surprise us. 

Edited by jimufctna24