Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Bellator got another show this evening, a smaller Friday night shows before the big Mitrione/Fedor show in January.

1zxabux.jpg

main card:

Melvin Guillard vs. Chidi Njokuani

Dave Rickles vs. Aaron Derrow

AJ McKee vs. Brandon Phillips

Alice Yauger vs. Jessica Middleton

Main event will be a fun one, Njokuani is on a bit of a run, coming off a huge upset KO win over one of Bellator's big prospect Andre Fialho. Who knows what you get with Melvin Guillard?! The fights at a catchweight so there was no weight issues this time. Guillard still has the power but his chin is shakey and i feel Njokuani will catch him....look at the size difference!

B171_Weigh_In_286.0.0.jpg

Dave Rickles in Kansas is always worth the time aswell.

I'm free tomorrow evening so this will be going on.

• Paid Members

Well the size difference told the story, Guillard was dominated for 3 rounds. Guillard's career is all over the shop. The win over Rickles was impressive but he pissed hot and had the result taken off him, then he announced he'd fight bare-knuckle over in this country, then he takes a fight outside of his division and gets destroyed.

Highlight of the night was Dave Rickles entrance, he went and destroyed Derrow in a fight more one-sided than the main event.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/27/14422818/david-rickels-does-mannequin-challenge-for-bellator-171-walkout

The walkouts there if you didn't see it. Not a great show but Njokuani proves he's a decent name in that 170lb divsion which is probably Bellator's best, and Dave Rickles proved he's still the fucking man.

• Paid Members

Whatever happened to Chidi's brother Anthony Njokuani? Used to enjoy watching him in WEC and UFC a few years ago. The highlight being him nearly kicking Chris Horodecki's face off as he tried to run away.

Edit - Sod it, just Wiki'd his name. Last fought in June and is riding a 5 fight losing streak. Hasn't won a fight since 2013 and he's 36 now. It's a tough game. I remember thinking he was going to be big back in the WEC days.

Edited by wandshogun09

MVP Vs Paul Daley,rumoured for Bellator London no date or number announced, that's a cracking scrap.

I would love to see this on Channel 5 and it not going head to head with big a domestic Boxing match, or even an American UFC card as that will get the MMA media attention more, even if they air hours apart.

Yeah the UFC have a matching period, so if they match he stays, I'm pretty sure they had to wack Melendez on TUF coaching as Bellator had some reality deal for him that the UFC couldn't match.

Bader I think is only wanting a set amount if he fights and no extra money if he wins, says that can motivates him to win by being boring for double his purse but a set amount would let him fight more free.

UFC didn't match, Bader is now with Bellator, they have 3 guys at least I would put in the LHW top 10, just unfortunate that Cormier, Rumble & Jones are so much better than the rest right now, well Gustafson would be 4th IMO.

Davis & Bader are obvious but I'd probably have to put King Mo in above Rampage & McGeary, just on recent form, I know Page beat Mo and McGeary beat Newton who beat King Mo twice but Mo has been much more active and his only recent loses are to Uber Cro Cop & Phil Davis

• Paid Members

I could see the UFC bringing him in for a fight or two in the hope of having a young up and comer score a name win over Rampage and maybe get a decent rating at the same time off of Jackson. Whether he would cost too much to use in that manner would be another thing though.

• Paid Members

Shame he didn't get his last Bellator fight out the way sooner because Rampage vs Jimi Manuwa would've been a good main event for the London show next month.

Semtex vs MVP is going to be insane if it happens. Hope Daley flattens him to be honest. I like a bit of showmanship in a fighter but MVP just seems a right fucking berk to me.

Edited by wandshogun09