WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

As someone who got burned by Colonial Marines I've been cautiously optimistic for a few months. Good to see it getting great reviews (the Guardian's one really sold me on it- http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/03/alien-isolation-review-giger-game-ridley-scott) I'll be getting it on Tuesday.

Between that and Resident Evil 4:2 The Evil Within it should be a great month for horror!

Dead Island is some good dumb fun but only if you have good people playing with you, It really doesn't work as a single player game.

I've put a couple of hours into that Mordor game and I can see it keeping me entertained for a while, it's pretty much Arkham City with Orcs.

• Paid Members

My mate has had Alien Isolation since yesterday. Don't bother with it, it's a buggy repetitive mess. Great atmosphere, but that's about it. Not as bad as Colonial Marines though (but what is?)

• Paid Members

Yeah most the proper reviews (The Guardian cannot be counted as a proper games reviewer) say that it has great graphics and atmosphere and tension but after a few hours it becomes a dull overlong incredibly frustrating slog.

Yeah most the proper reviews (The Guardian cannot be counted as a proper games reviewer) say that it has great graphics and atmosphere and tension but after a few hours it becomes a dull overlong incredibly frustrating slog.

It's a complete turn-around from initial impressions, Alien Isolation was on my must get list while Shadow of Mordor was barely on my radar, now reading all the reviews I'll be getting Mordor this weekend and Alien Isolation is going to wait until it hits the £15-£20 mark (so about a month if Colonial Marines is an indication)

• Paid Members

(The Guardian cannot be counted as a proper games reviewer)

Maybe, but that review is much better than some of the "proper" ones. Like IGN, who actually list the Alien being unpredictable as a negative.

CVG, Joystiq, Eurogamer, Destructoid and The Escapist have all gave very good-to-great reviews as well.

My mate has had Alien Isolation since yesterday. Don't bother with it, it's a buggy repetitive mess. Great atmosphere, but that's about it. Not as bad as Colonial Marines though (but what is?)

It is buggy, and it does get repetitive, but the core experience is very clever.  If you want to know what I spent the last 2 years of my life doing, give it a play  ;)

• Paid Members

It is buggy, and it does get repetitive, but the core experience is very clever.  If you want to know what I spent the last 2 years of my life doing, give it a play   ;)

Aye I was aware you'd worked on it. You've mentioned it a few times on here before and were straight in the thread to sweepingly recommend everyone buy it. Didn't you work on the sound? At least you did your bit of the job right.

I did, and thank you.  It's not perfect, and not the game that perhaps it could have been, but for fans of old-school shit hard games, it's worth a play.  I've never touted a game I've worked on here before, but I'm pretty proud of the sound on this one, so... there it is.