WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Moderators

So, how come you've gone PS4 over 360?

What are the pros and cons?

Now that both consoles have had plenty of time to bed in, how are people generally feeling about them and which is the superior console?

If I am going to buy one of the two for Shadow of Mordor I'm going to need to decide and would really value some input!

I've always wanted to play one of those Uncharted games so the PS4 has that going for it already, but a couple of my friends have XBones so if there's anything good multiplayer then that's a consideration.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I really enjoy the TV integration with my Xbone. As long as you get the Kinect (assuming you'd get it with Kinect) calibrated properly, it's pretty cool to just walk in from work and tell my Xbox to turn on (and Boot to TV is coming, I hear) while I do something in the kitchen and then use it to switch and shit. Snapping TV is kind of shitty unless it's for sports or something. I don't know how anyone watches Netflix snapped while playing a game, seems like a nightmare to me.

As far as games go, you've got the Halo collection coming in a few weeks (for your MP fix), Sunset Overdrive as well which looks like fun. You could pick up Titanfall cheap (I love that game so much, although bare people say it's too repetitive.)

PS4 is the more powerful console, for sure.

I'm happy with Xbone for now. I will probably pick up a PS4 down the line for exclusives.

Go Xbone, Chest. Poor, little Microsoft could use the sale.

http://pages.engage.xbox.com/bestgamesxboxone/

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

The Xbox One was a load of fun when I had it, but the voice control gimmick gets really old, really fast. It's very fussy too, for example you can't select a user profile in Netflix with it, so you end up having to use the controller anyway.

It all depends on what you want from a console and what type of games you're into. Xbox is just all racing games and shooters so far. Dead Rising 3 is an exception, but it's the worst of the 3 DR games. I got the PS4 because Little Big Planet 3 is out in November and it feels like a gaming console, not a Windows 8 Media Center. But if you're into that sorta stuff like JTTS then it's a better choice.

• Paid Members

for example you can't select a user profile in Netflix with it, so you end up having to use the controller anyway.

You can do this. I've never been unable to do this...you talking about, "Xbox, Select. Profile 1"?

• Paid Members

for example you can't select a user profile in Netflix with it, so you end up having to use the controller anyway.

You can do this. I've never been unable to do this...you talking about, "Xbox, Select. Profile 1"?

Possibly. Mine never had the green text and wouldn't do anything. Netflix got shit when they removed the Snap feature from it too.

I'm really enjoying my PS4, nothing has gone wrong with it and for the most part I've enjoyed the games I've played. I would say the only downside is the Playstation Plus content isn't as good as I was used to on the PS3, but that is to be expected. It will pick up as time goes on.

The PS4 also has the voice command features, but not to the extent the XBONE does. But I never use them, so I'm not bothered.

I've not had any experience with an XBONE at all, but a few work peeps have one. The only complaint I've heard is someone who has two profiles set up, one for him and one for his son. He said that he was playing a game online and when his son walked in the room it tried to load up his profile, basically covering the screen whilst it loaded up. This has happened a couple of times, so he's disabled the feature.

Chest - as well as the Uncharted game you'll also get a chance to play The Last Of Us, which I honestly cannot praise highly enough. Not that should be the sole reason to buy one, but it is a good reason. I think really it comes down to what you're friends have and whether you'll be online gaming with them. I very rarely venture online so I went with the console that I wanted the most.

I reckon there's not a huge difference tech-wise, so it does come down to games.  The Last Of Us is the main reason I'm thinking of a PS4, but my mates all have XBOnes so for online that will probably swing it.

The new one, Alien Isolation.  It was score and sound effects.  I did the motion tracker   :)

Saw this referenced before. Very cool. I'm curious...

1) Did you "only"  do work on the motion tracker? Did you work towards anything else in the game?

2) How long would you spend on that one aspect? How complicated a process was it? 

I'm sure there will be follow up Q's, but I'll just with that.