Who's left? (Raw spoilers)

DavidB6937

Having seen Shane return on Raw, to me he was one of the few big names left that could make a surprise return. I think you could tell from the crowd that it was a genuine moment where we had absolutely no idea.

But who's left now that can have that type of impact on a return or debut?

I remember never expecting Brock back or AJ Styles or Sting on WWE programming. Even The Rock was unlikely before his Mania hosting job turned into fairly regular appearances. We're in a world where everyone seems to end up there eventually nowadays.

For me the biggest shock would be Kurt Angle. Gone for a very long time now and I think most of us have given up on that idea. CM Punk seems stubborn but you cant help but feel that door hasnt been completely shut. Jeff Hardy seems more likely eventually but not right now. Same with Hogan. Goldberg would be one of the biggest but never seems to be in any rush to work with WWE again.

We've had so many dream matches and debuts and returns over the years that we've almost been spoilt. Is there anyone else that can have that type of reaction from a crowd?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Angle wouldn't pass the physicality/impact tests that WWE have before they let somebody with those kind of injuries compete, but there'd be no doubting if they were to let him around that he'd be able to produce the goods. I think they need the build, and Shane will be willing to bump around and sell like a maniac for 'Taker in the cell, but Cena's going to be fit in time to be Shane's rep in the match.

I think maybe Jeff Hardy is probably the only one, and doesn’t he have international travel restrictions?   Maybe CM Punk depending on his health and how much money WWE are willing to throw at him if an agreement can be reached.  

I think the best things you can hope for are run ins from the old lads, a la the end of Sting and HHH.    I'm not sure there's any big name leftwilling/able to have "one last run"

• Paid Members

Really wish people would stop being mentalists about CM Punk.

Nevermind all the personal and legal disputes ongoing, he has a multi year contact with the biggest fighting organisation in the world. He's not coming back any time soon.

Angle's music hitting would be the mark out moment for me. I'd even welcome him back as a GM or WM host.

But surely if they let Hitman in the ring again, Angle must be in with at least a slight chance?

• Paid Members

It's not like Bret came back to wrestle against Brock Lesnar for 40 minutes, he stood around while Vince cut a promo, hit a couple of shots and put him in the Sharpshooter. That's a long way from Hell In A Cell with 'Taker.

Archived