I need your brain power

waters44

• Paid Members

I mentioned very briefly in the Off Topic Questions thread that ive started geocaching.

Well a couple of caches near me are "puzzle caches" where you have to solve a puzzle to work out the correct coordinates of the cache.

Im stuck on the first one :-/ can anyone help?

The puzzle is -

N (1H)° (V). (IK) W001° (B).(6W)

An example of a correct coordinate would be N 51° 26.508 W 001° 05.024

Any ideas? Ive tried periodic table, roman numerals, keypad but am not getting anywhere - hopefully the UKFF brainboxes can help?

I mentioned very briefly in the Off Topic Questions thread that ive started geocaching.

Well a couple of caches near me are "puzzle caches" where you have to solve a puzzle to work out the correct coordinates of the cache.

Im stuck on the first one :-/ can anyone help?

The puzzle is -

N (1H)° (V). (IK) W001° (B).(6W)

An example of a correct coordinate would be N 51° 26.508 W 001° 05.024

Any ideas? Ive tried periodic table, roman numerals, keypad but am not getting anywhere - hopefully the UKFF brainboxes can help?

It would help if we knew where you were, the co-ordinates aren't going to be wildly different from that surely? I mean I found an answer that points to Shetland, but unless you're a filthy islander I'm probably not right.

• Paid Members

Isn't there usually a puzzle line, like a clue to go with these?

Apart from that. If it's near your current location then you'll already know the first digits, eg (1H) = 51

The single letters will probably be alpha numeric so V could be 23 and B is 02?

• Paid Members

Isn't there usually a puzzle line, like a clue to go with these?

Apart from that. If it's near your current location then you'll already know the first digits, eg (1H) = 51

The single letters will probably be alpha numeric so V could be 23 and B is 02?

Yep - im sure (1H) is 51, so if we can work out why, we should be able to solve the rest. I just can't think why A would be 51 (if its 1xH) or why A would be 50 (if its 1+H)

Archived