5 Star Wrestling tour

martinQblank

Tonight is their kick off in Newcastle .

They have shows in Sheffield & Liverpool with some huge imports and good UK names .

So why is no body excited ?

For me it's three big reasons -

1. Ticket prices. At least £30 (plus travel, drinks, etc) it's an expensive night. I paid the same for the WWE not that long ago so they are top bracket In terms of cost .

2. Who / what are they? Had this been Progress or ICW I would have known the brand what they are about etc, same with All Star . But 5 Star? Not a clue. It smacks of a money mark wanking off over "names" they have no identity, the Facebook is bland, the advertising is bland. Speaking of advertising, not sure what it's like elsewhere but in the North East it's terrible. They did next to no promotion bar a few posters in shop windows and endless sponsored Facebook posts. No flyering WWE, no real local press tie in, no getting at least the UK guys out there pimping it - nothing.

3. I'm not excited by any of the wrestlers or matches. I have seen Colt, AJ, Rey, all wrestle live before. No one else holds any interest. No one has a reason to wrestle each other, it's all exibition stuff. For £30 a head, I'll pass

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If you enter the promo code, "WSP," at checkout on their website you can get tickets for half price (£15). I assume they mustn't be selling well. It's a lot more tempting at £15, but I think the promoters might lose their arse with this tour.

• Paid Members

Some info on who they are, why they're running and why everyone thinks the cheese has slipped off their cracker in here:

https://ukff.com/topic/136710-5-star-wrestling-aj-styles-vs-rey-mysterio-january-2016/

In short, it's an incredibly expensive publicity drive/footage gathering exercise for their terrible, terrible PlayStation game.

Don't get me wrong, that's a great setup. But the fact they were papering at their last show really makes me question the profitability of this. That said, looking at the seating plans, they weren't going for the full setup. We shall have to see how this pans out

I haven't been given enough of a reason to care about the show. It's like a sponsored exhibition football match between two XI's featuring players I've not seen in years. I'd probably give it a watch if it was on TV but I'm not making an occasion of it. There's been so many great matches over the last 10 years I'm almost desensitised to them - as great as Mysterio and Styles are, I don't feel anyone's missing out by not being there.

Another nerdy hobby I follow recently had an event like this - threw loads of money at getting names without doing anything to give people a real reason to care, and it flopped.

• Paid Members

It's Rey Mysterio. They should be doing gangbusters numbers. 

Newcastle United played at home last night. They should have had as many people as they could mobilse outside the ground in Luchador masks and dishing out flyers for an example......

Instead a few Facebook posts and the UK guys pimping the show on FB/Twitter has been all they've really done. 

Sorry but that's laughable

The cost of the venue (I have quoted it at half the normal price to give them some lee way) AJ, Morrison and Rey alone is £52,000.

I was thinking around that for the tour, but if they are paying that per show then that is silly due to discounts for having the wrestlers for 3 shows, well closer to 75k.  Sorry I don't know how big these 3 arenas are or how much they cost.Still I would have thought this was promotion so some loss will be accounted for. The problem is they are promoting the sequel for what was reportedly one of the worst wrestling games in years. 

Be interested to hear how the Liverpool show goes because according to the thread, none of the big fly ins plastered over the poster seem to be appearing and the local advertising campaign looks like it's been three posters, now two since one seems to have been ripped over the past few days, on the abandoned shop down the road from me sellotaped to the window that has 'FUCK OFF' and an enormous cock drawn into the years worth of dirt.

Archived