5 Star Wrestling tour

martinQblank

Apparently these shows are being put on with the sole purpose of getting footage for the game, an expensive way of going about it but so what?

UK guys are getting paid and this isn't going to damage the UK scene. Long after these shows have finished PROGRESS, ICW, PCW, NGW etc will still pull in very decent numbers.

I've bought a pair of tickets for £15 each. My lad will have the time of his life getting to see Rey, AJ, Morrison, Carlito and more so for that it's a relatively cheap do.

Really don't think these shows are really worth anyone crying into their milk over.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading various interviews i get the feeling the guys behind this (whatever 'this' is) are genuinly decent (but very niave) guys. They want to make a game for wrestling fans, they are not lookiking to take on the wwe series, they're intentions seem very much 'for  fans by the fans'.

But from reading all these reports i find myself banging my head a little; Why are they not making clear they are releasing a game? I know of the game because i follow news on ANY wrestling games, i got friends who are big wrestling fans who have never heard of the series. Why arn't these events being rammed down our throats? Its Rey v AJ, truly a 'dream match' and it's happening in the UK of all places. As a rule I don't follow many British Wrestling sites on Facebook yet i always know whats going on becase the big events get plastered all over social media, I think i have seen this event pop up twice in the last few months.

And honestly i wish i lived closer because £15 to see a show featuring AJ, Rey, Lethal and John Morrison is the biggest bargain ticket i think i have ever seen, regardless of how poor the actual matches are.

I wish them all the best i honestly do but it looks like they are onto a money loser here, they have not researched their market well enough

Its been done before using an arena for a video game. To a lesser extent TNA used their 2008 shows at the Liverpool Olympia to capture that venue for the TNA Impact game.

However those shows I believe were close to capacity and even in a beered up haze have very fond memories of the matches being good.

The ECHO arena if they use that in the game would look pretty good. Not sure how different the others look compared to that.

• Paid Members

The card looked shite, dq finishes, interferences, a stupid 2 on 1 match with Aldis and Damo against Lou King Sharpe which seems a waste of an import. Rey did a 7 minute match which I'm not surprised about. I would love to see pictures of this. Would like to see pics of the crowd for all of these. 

That isn't really fair seeing as most of the card wasn't announced. 

The triple threat was apparently great and Joe Coffey vs Will Ospreay is a match that would headline pretty much any PCW/Progress/A.N Other Britwes show and have them begging for more, but if you don't announce the matches prior to the shows your average Britwres fan won't bother. 

Isn't Magnus rumoured to be injured anyway? That's why he was tucked away in a handicap squash? 

The card looked shite, dq finishes, interferences, a stupid 2 on 1 match with Aldis and Damo against Lou King Sharpe which seems a waste of an import. Rey did a 7 minute match which I'm not surprised about. I would love to see pictures of this. Would like to see pics of the crowd for all of these. 

That isn't really fair seeing as most of the card wasn't announced. 

The triple threat was apparently great and Joe Coffey vs Will Ospreay is a match that would headline pretty much any PCW/Progress/A.N Other Britwes show and have them begging for more, but if you don't announce the matches prior to the shows your average Britwres fan won't bother. 

Isn't Magnus rumoured to be injured anyway? That's why he was tucked away in a handicap squash? 

You don't think it's fair that I am insulting a card that looks poor just because they did not announce it and seemed to plan at the last minute. I am sure Osprey vs Coffey would be fine. But if you are paying £30+ for a ticket I would expect more. I remember Aldis getting a bicep tear a couple of months ago, but if he would not be fit he should have been cancelled. 

I said it looks shite not is shite. Also I hate shows that have repeated dqs or interference. Not really needed as this show was not going anywhere. They ran with the Rey vs AJ storyline but how many people will see all 3 shows?

With regards to on demand they said back when the tour was announced they had no plans for dvd or on demand but they may have changed their minds,I personally would have thought they would at least do the show with aj vs rey

Results from tonight just in

https://wrestleropesuk.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/5-star-wrestling-uk-tour-sheffield-full-results/

Started on time, but Rey Mysterio v AJ Styles. The match they built the whole tour around. WAS ON THIRD!!! Who on Earth made that decision? Barely 600 according to Twitter. How they are affording this, I'll never know.

Archived