5 Star Wrestling tour

martinQblank

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The card looks much better from the previous nights. As mentioned before due to late runnings in newcastle they could not risk people missing AJ VS Rey. However that probably should have been 5th. Newcastle's main event apparently did not start til 11pm. I went to see TNA last year and once it hit 10pm I saw people take small children home and that was on a Saturday, you cannot go that long on a weekday. 

Went to the Liverpool show last and so glad I did. Cracking night and my 9 year old said it was one of the best shows he's ever seen. £15 a ticket for a very good family show and a meet and greet with AJ Styles, Carlito, Morrison, Cabana, Lethal, Sabre Jr, Scurll, Magnus and a few others was a bargain. A few guys were charging for pics or requested you bought an 8X10 (which I always feel is fair enough). No sign of Mysterio pre show or at the intermission.

The wrestling was good and Id say there were a fair few in the arena, which was curtained off. It felt like a house show and very family orientated, have heard/read a few complaints of the booking but it's a one-off show, what does it matter. I also think some fans are spoilt by PROGRESS, Rev-pro etc and were probably expecting too much. The action was good to excellent. Carlito, Mysterio, Black and Morrison all seemed motivated to put in decent performances

John Morrison beat PJ Black

Damo beat Zack Gibson

Colt Cabana beat Timm Wylie

Ospreay/Mysterio/Sabre Jnr beat Scurll/Magnus/Havoc.

Joe Coffey beat Carlito

Lou King Sharp/? beat Kid Fite/? (Apologies for not knowing either guys female partner)

Jay Lethal beat AJ Styles

The six man was brilliant, Mysterio had a fair bit of involvement too. Post match Ospreay and Sabre Jnr turned on Mysterio and joined the 3 opponents in a beatdown.

Family sat behind me left after the Rey Mysterio match.

Styles v Lethal was absolutely fantastic, again post match beat down after Ospreay/Sabre Jnr/Magnus/Scurll/Havoc ran in. Cabana and Mysterio made the save and show finished with Cabana/Mysterio/Lethal/Styles all hitting their finisher on Havoc (Cabana used the GTS)

The show was also well ran so wouldn't mind seeing 5 Star running future tours. They just might want to rethink their ticket pricing and promotion next time.

Archived