UFC 195: Lawler vs Condit

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not all of them, Thiago Alves was a fucking tank of a welterweight back in the day. He was cutting 25-30lb to make the weight.

...and regardless, all of the guys you mentioned were active when GSP was competing. It aint like fighters got a that much bigger once GSP left, and besides, GSP beat two of the guys you listed.

Just look how Alves looked against Condit in terms of size.

I'm not taking offence Lamby, i just disagree.

Condit is just tall for the weight though, he's a pretty lean guy. I've never really considered Condit to be a monstrous 170. Plus Condit has been campaigning at 170 since like 2005, he's hardly part of a new breed of Welterweight is he?

• Paid Members

I dont think his problem with drug testing had anything to do with the size of people, it was more to do with the fact that people were just flat out cheating.

Of course. But I'm just talking about one comment of the whole drug testing spiel he came out with.

• Paid Members

The Ruthless gif of New Year's Eve...

Robbie%2BLawler%2BStares%2BDown%2BJohny%

December 2014. The Lawler vs Hendricks rematch from UFC 181. End of round five, Lawler's just rained down a shitstorm of strikes on Hendricks, the buzzer goes. Hendricks is thanking God it's all over. He's as done as you can be. And Lawler's walking him down with a serial killer scowl on his face. Chilling.

• Paid Members

So, we're close to this fucker, and who does everyone thinks wins the main event?

I'm ridiculously torn on it. Lawler is a monster, but Condit has so many weapons if its kept standing.

I'm slightly leaning towards Condit simply because of the wars Lawler has been in lately.

• Paid Members

It's a tough one, yeah. I don't know. I'm with you that I think there'll come a time when the wars will sadly catch up to Lawler. It happens to everyone eventually and Lawler's been in more wars than most. The last two years alone have been almost nothing but wars - MacDonald 2, Hendricks 1 and 2, even the Matt Brown fight was a rough one despite Lawler bossing it. Then you add in the rest of his career - Manhoef, Diaz, Lytle, Scott Smith etc. He's had a hard career.

It will catch up. I'm just not sure it'll be this fight. It could well be though. You look at a fight like Shogun vs Hendo 1. Look at both guys' form since then. Then look at Hunt vs Bigfoot 1 and look at both guys' form since then. Lawler vs Rory 2 was right there with Shogun vs Hendo and Hunt vs Bigfoot in terms of brutal battles of attrition in MMA go. It was the kind of fight that takes years off a career.

Fuck knows. I almost don't even want to predict a winner in this one. It's not even really about that for me. I'm just so glad this fight is happening that I don't even really care that much who wins. I'm a big fan of them both.

I could definitely see Condit winning though. Wrestling is Condit's only weakness. And Lawler's not likely to be shooting double legs. If you look back at Condit's career losses, they're nearly all suffocating wrestler/grapplers. Woodley, Hendricks, GSP, Shields, Healy. The Kampmann loss was debatable, I had Condit winning. Wrestling has been pretty much the only way to beat Condit, for years. No-one's really got the better of Condit in a striking heavy fight. Look at the fights Condit's looked best in and he was usually against strikers.

I don't know what way this is going. I might be leaning towards Condit myself actually but, and I've been saying this a lot lately, it's pretty much a straight 50/50 fight.

Badass Condit quote;

“They’re going to lock us in the cage and me and Robbie Lawler are going to try to fucking kill each other. I think we’re two of the most skilled guys in the division, for sure. If not the sport. I think we’re going to go in there and put on a display of violence and aggression that people won’t soon forget.”

The Lawler vs Condit Countdown segment;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=F-49IYabcCg

The Dan Hardy and John Gooden Unibet breakdown;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=xc7sXuzcB_o

• Paid Members

Weigh in video above says it's starting in an hour, so midnight our time.

Dave Sholler also just tweeted this, which is enough for me to be staying up:

"We will have some breaking news at the top of the #UFC195 weigh-in show today at 4pm PT. Think you'll like it..."

• Paid Members

My guess is either;

A) They're announcing McGregor's next fight.

B) Something about Ronda's or Jones' return.

C) They're confirming Holm vs Tate. If that's happening at UFC 197 as rumoured, they better get the ball rolling soon.

D) Frank Fertitta loves corn on the cob.

I'm hoping for A, expecting C, wouldn't be surprised at D.

Archived