UFC 194: Aldo vs McGregor

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Did it make it in any of the English papers anyone know?

Not sure about the papers, but it's been relentless on the bbc sport page. In fact, i would it's been on their twitter more times than any sport news/event from this weekend. For the first time I think we've found a fighter that could potentially start to get the sport noticed a lot more in the mainstream.
Yep, agreed. I knew it was a big deal when I heard my dad saying to my mum that the fight Sean stayed up for only lasted 13 seconds.. He gives limited care for the sport as he doesn't understand why they don't protect there faces properly like a boxer...

I had plenty of friends text me asking for the mcgregor start time to. Probably as they've seen my twitter feed with me mentioning it. Seriously think they'd be wise to put his next fight on slightly earlier for over here though. Break the market in the UK as well as Ireland and have bars and clubs packed showing it. Van but dream...

Slightly earlier would still be like 2am though, wouldn't it? It would have to be a lot earlier to work for Europe. Either that, or take place in Ireland ...

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this has been discussed already. Has anyone heard the audio between Rogan and the producer during the main event introductions? It's very interesting. Rogan says that Aldo looks soft and guesses that he must have been working on his cardio. Anyone else notice a change in his framea. Meltzer was saying that Dos Anjos was looking alot smaller at the weekend "like the old Dos Anjos"

• Paid Members

I didn't think Aldo looked softer at all myself. Rogan also was saying Aldo looked nervous just before the fight started, I didn't see that either. Aldo looked the same as he always does to me.

Until 13 seconds later when he suddenly looked like he's never looked before.

• Paid Members

I thought Aldo looked tense as fuck Wand. I know he doesn't look up normally, but his body looked stiff as hell and rigid.

He didn't look right to me.

Regarding his body, he looked a bit softer than normal but not terribly soft. In relation to RDA, I've got no proof but I'm convinced he's juicing or has been juicing.

It's been talked about on here, but his body from a few years ago to now is ridiculous in comparison.

Strangely enough, I thought Aldo looked quite loose as he approached the octagon but then suddenly quite tense and stiff during Buffer's introductions. It's hard to imagine he froze under the big lights, but you never know what thoughts can creep in when you're stood waiting around.

• Paid Members

I think Aldo is mentally broken now. With the loss (first in 10 years - imagine dealing with that alone?), combined with how quick it was (embarrassing & gutting), combined with who it was (the person he probably hates most in the entire world), combined with the drug testing (which would raise mental doubts anyway re how he can perform without gassing - or at least with less PEDs than usual) - those are 4 factors that'll raise serious doubts for Aldo. McGregor said he'd break him - and I actually think he has. He was inconsolable afterwards.

Someone posted this - it's not like night & day (like Dos Anjos) but the abs are slightly deflated and the pecs look less hard, arms a bit smaller, etc.

CWS55V-UEAABRId.jpg

• Paid Members

A guy on Twitter posted this photo of Aldo's physique before all of his other UFC fights.

9778CA4F-2FC1-43EF-A35F-FCFEF51FC846_zps

I can't say he looks much different to how he looked on Saturday. However, regarding RDS, Meltzer on Saturday's Observer Radio said he's getting tonnes of reports that Dos Anjos is looking very different coming into his fight with Cerrone. That is something I can definitely believe. His physique has changed dramatically and his world title victory came on a show where the commission publically stated that they wouldn't be testing. I'm going to be very interested in how he looks and how he fights later this week, with all the testing that's now in place. I think Donald has a great chance of winning.

A few days removed and I'm still buzzing about this show. It wasn't as good as 189, I doubt anything ever will be, but it got better as the show went on and the last two fights were fantastic.

These reports about Luke Rockhold suffering from a staph infection, isn't that something you'd be expected to declare on your pre-fight medical questionnaire? And surely a commission wouldn't be happy with someone fighting with staph? Isn't it supposed to be super infectious? I don't think I'd be happy if I was Aldo or McGregor, expected to fight on a canvas that a guy with a staph infection has just fought on.

• Paid Members

I think his staph was sorted come fight night Supremo. I maybe wrong, but as far as I was aware he was on antibiotics right up until weigh ins or even fight day. However it gave him problems in camp and affected his cardio.

Also didn't Rockhold say it was actually something similar to staph, but not actually staph?

• Paid Members

Also didn't Rockhold say it was actually something similar to staph, but not actually staph?

Cellulitis - which is staph.

The reason why I was saying that wasn't because of second guessing what Cellulitis was, I couldn't remember what Rockhold stated he was suffering from. It was because for some reason I remember Rockhold saying words to those effect, but I was wrong.

Regarding MOM'S post, I hope it's not true. The last thing we need is Hollywood gobbling up Mcgregor's time.

Archived