The UKFF's Greatest Song thread.

TAP Management

Just rename it top dance-pop tunes rather than any single that's been in the charts since 1990. "pop" is too broad and basically translates to "best song". Dance-pop seems to be what you're getting at and is a much simpler category

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, get rid of the 2010-2015 category and have a 60-69 section. Ruling out the 60s means all the best songs by the Monkees, Stones and the Beach Boys etc don't count. I'll give it a go though.

Daydream Believer is better than anything released 2010-2015 though...just saying

We still have to pm them, right?

"pop" is too broad and basically translates to "best song".

by this I meant it would be impossibly hard to make such a poll worthwhile.

You've just lost yourself a vote for 'Boom Boom Boom' by the Vengaboys (would be my pick for a dance-pop version of this thread.....and in general to be fair, let's not kid ourselves)

Taken from Wikipedia:

Before 1969 there was no official singles chart. Record Retailer and the BBC commissioned the British Market Research Bureau (BMRB) to compile charts, beginning 15 February 1969. The BMRB compiled its first chart from postal returns of sales logs from 250 record shops.

Taken from Wikipedia:

Before 1969 there was no official singles chart. Record Retailer and the BBC commissioned the British Market Research Bureau (BMRB) to compile charts, beginning 15 February 1969. The BMRB compiled its first chart from postal returns of sales logs from 250 record shops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_charts_and_number-one_singles_%281952%E2%80%931969%29

Archived