PSI Events

truthofsin

• Paid Members

Apparently Chris Duke is wrestling soon. Some outlaw operation in north east Scotland that brings in imports for the glory trip. Health problems that ruined the tour for him must be a distant memory. now.

Yep, it will be him vs Bravehart. That will be a laugh!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i've not heard a thing from PSI since the 24th. So they have at least followed through on one thing they said to me, that being they wouldn't address the issues any further. So in other words they've just chosen to ignore it after i wouldn't accept their crappy attitude. Lovely. Hopefully others who've had issues speak up here and they at least get seen for the shoddy outfit they actually are. To me it doesn't matter how many great events they've run in the past, and i enjoyed many. It's the way a company deals with problems that is the true measure of a company, and these guys have shown their true colours when confronted with unhappy customers.

I think we should give PSI the benefit of the doubt. They did a decent job for their first convention. It would be good to get a response from them though as to their plans for the future.

The benefit of the doubt? They flat out lied to me and have been unhelpful since in the little contact i have had from them after chasing it. They're ignoring plenty of people who are rightly unhappy and seemingly have no intention of addressing the issues.

• Paid Members

Well if they run another one you will need to make a decision as to go or not. I would hope they do run one again as I had nothing but a good experience.

You can always go via Paypal and make a claim, they would have to respond to that.

Most people bought their tickets months ago. Therefore Paypal would no longer look into that.

• Paid Members

What is the attraction to these events? From what I can gather you have to pay to shake someone's hand, extra to get photos. Where's the entertainment? Are there wrestling matches or Q&As? How much does it cost to get to meet someone?

What is the attraction to these events? From what I can gather you have to pay to shake someone's hand, extra to get photos. Where's the entertainment? Are there wrestling matches or Q&As? How much does it cost to get to meet someone?

For me it is the chance to meet people i've been entertained by over years. I guess it's one of those things, you either like the idea of doing that or you don't. Being sang to by the Nasty Boys is a memory that will stay with me. There were no matches, but if you paid for it there was a Q&A after the main convention finished with Bret and Shawn. Prior to this there was a warm up show with JR.

• Paid Members

To be honest, I like wrestlers for their wrestling but for the most part, they're not the types I'm too fussed to meet let alone pay for it. Each to their own I suppose.

• Paid Members

Yeah, not got into the idea of paying someone for a bloody photograph. It takes away the 'cool' factor of meeting them. If you bump into someone famous at a train station and grab a quick photo together, that's an awesome experience. Showing your mates a photo with the Bushwhackers that you paid twenty quid for is a totally different thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah, not got into the idea of paying someone for a bloody photograph. It takes away the 'cool' factor of meeting them. If you bump into someone famous at a train station and grab a quick photo together, that's an awesome experience. Showing your mates a photo with the Bushwhackers that you paid twenty quid for is a totally different thing.

I get what you mean to a degree.

I have gone to a few of the (excellent) Wales Comic Con events, but my knowledge of film and sci-fi is piss poor at best, so I only really recognise the wrestlers and one or two others. I tend to limit myself to the wrestlers I really want to see, as an average of £20 each can make it quite steep. 

There is always that thing at the back of my mind that finds it a little demeaning paying someone for the honour of a minute of their time and a photo, but I don't suppose I'd ever encounter them otherwise. Its a case of grin and bear it on the whole.

Archived