PSI Events

truthofsin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a great day at LWC but I missed both my photo and autograph with Del Rio because the time changes weren't made clear so I know where you're coming from. From reading your stories and others on their Facebook page, their customer service has definitely left a lot to be desired.

• Paid Members

I do think they should have issued a refund for the stuff they changed the times for as that isnt your fault.

I just think some people are expecting too much from meeting a wrestler. The ones that dont need to do it do enjoy spending time with the fans but I imagine the likes of Animal and Jannetty need the money. Saying that, Hacksaw Jim Duggan was at a show in Stevenage last week and was amazing with the fans.

All in all I think it was a good convention and hopefully they will be back next year and have learned from the issues.

Animal does not need the money at all , Marty not so much. I think it depends what Marty you get as when he was over for me last year he was fantastic and fans and workers were raving about him - I have a feeling we got lucky though.

I have always had good experiences to be honest. The worst was Rey Mysterio at the WWF HoF in New York in 2004. He took a call and just ignored the fans whilst he was meant to be signing the Hall of Fame book, Eddie was next to him and even shook his head and looked at me.

Duggan was first class, he was great at Southside last week, clearly happy to be there. In fact I though the Duggan moment was the best moment of the night. Then I am fan of the 70's and 80's, the crowd loved it though :)

Apart from Wales Comic Con the other major player on the convention scene is Showmasters. They've been running for 10 years now and have delivered pretty well in bringing big name guests over. It's only been the last 3 years or so that wrestling guests have been a regular feature on their shows and they've started to pick up that there is a cross over with regards to wrestling fans and celebrity autograph fans. The last show last weekend had Rey Mysterio, Rocky Johnson, Road Warrior Animal, Brutus Beefcake & Johnny Kincade. All drew in fans (Rey especially).

To a lesser extent the MCM Expo group have dabbled in bringing wrestling guests although over the years their general standards have slipped and they only start announcing names maybe a month to 3 weeks ahead of time. Off the top of my head they've had Edge, Zeus & Bad Influence in recent years. In typical poor announcing, Edge was announced maybe 2 weeks ahead of time, but was unquestionably one of the main guests of the show. When you spoke to the staff at the event they had no idea who he was.

Generally speaking  it's good to keep tabs on whats around and local conventions as well. Blackpool Comic Con is starting up this year and they've jumped on the bandwagon as well bringing over Booker T & Sharmell, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Chavo Guerrero & Al Snow.

Although it looks like PSI have dented their reputation (and who knows if they'll run another event again), other companies have started taking over with the "Audience With" format. Triple M have the Duggan/Dibiase and Kurt Angle tour upcoming and the Sting tour has been announced as well. Eros Comedy are always in the background as well but seem to only concentrate on the William Regal evenings which is a shame as I always thought they provided the best "Audience With" shows and the best value for money.

Apologies for a bit of a ramble but the point that I'm making is if one company lets you down or folds (and I was at London Wrestle Con as well so am aware of the chaos of the weekend) try and take reassurance that there are other companies out there that are looking to pick up the slack and carry on going. 

I went on the Sunday and feel lucky as I got to meet everyone as planned. Everyone other than Harry Smith and Ashley Massaro. But luck was REALLY on my side so many times.

Ultimately the issues can easily be resolved. But the denial stance makes going forward a huge challenge.

For what it's worth I can't even imagine other promoters whose shows I've attended attempting and pulling off what PSI did. No offence to him (genuinely, he seems a great guy) but Chris Brookes seemed to struggle with just Piper and loads of folk on hand to help him. And there must have been a team of 5 Triple M guys for the Flair show. The PSI guy had all those imports and people to deal with himself, apparently with help from his pals who were just doing as instructed.

Easy fixes include the use of a professional photographer, time things better and/or don't oversell, have more staff (and communicate with them what's going on, and they can share with the fans), use visual aids and/or have speakers in each room so all msgs are spread (at any time up to 5 areas were in use, 1 had speakers in it).

Ultimately the issues can easily be resolved. But the denial stance makes going forward a huge challenge.

My disappointment and anger with PSI rests firmly with the fact their stance seems to be to just deny any issue and ignore it. They told me on the day i would be refunded for the Finkel and Del Rio bits after the convention, yet clearly had no intention of doign so and it was just a way to blow me off on the day.

Easy fixes include the use of a professional photographer, time things better and/or don't oversell, have more staff (and communicate with them what's going on, and they can share with the fans), use visual aids and/or have speakers in each room so all msgs are spread (at any time up to 5 areas were in use, 1 had speakers in it).

The photos are a big issue with me as none of them are up to the standard i would rightly expect from a professional photo op. This is how they were advertised and sold, so i am right to expect that to be what i receive, especially at the prices they were charging. Not being able to hear any announcements outside of the main hall was a huge problem on the day and this led to me missing out on Finkel, as i didn't hear any announcements about him leaving early (because i was having photos done in the other room). Their stance with me is that it's my fault. I'm not psychic! If i was i would have demanded my money back on the day rather than having faith in them.

Regarding the photos, here's a few more from the day, plus some for comparison. The top 3 are "professional" photos from LWC. The middle 2 are photos taken on my non-professional camera on the day at LWC by my Mrs. The bottom 2 are from professional photo ops at that Wolfpac event and WCC respectively. I don't feel i'm being out of line to be upset with the quality of my pictures. The framing is terrible, and the photographer doesn't seem to understand the concept of light in the room effecting the pictures.

pro_photos.jpg

How much did they charge for the photos? That Del Rio one is shocking.

The Nation £25, Demolition £30, Del Rio combo £35. The poorly framed Bret and Shawn pic below cost me £53.65, so the additional red eye wasn't appreciated either. The pic with Trish and Lita below is another example of poor framing with a lot of empty space at the top and us off to the side, that was £43.05. These pictures were not cheap and sold as professional, they clearly are not. Even the better ones of the bunch like the Lita pic still aren't up to the standard i would expect. A professional picture should look sharp and clean, it doesn't. While i'm sure some people would argue maybe i'm over critical, i'm also pretty sure many would agree that some of these pics are below the standard i should rightly expect.

11722390_10153159134303558_9171989655451

11057706_10153109359183558_9085825815618

Forget everything else. Regardless if you got a decent pic or not. Would the man on the street say we received a "professional photo". Probably not.

A professional picture is what you'd have got at the Flair show, or apparently Showmasters.

In the past I've not bothered with the pic issue as I'd paid PSI for a meet and greet, and a bloke with a decent looking camera took the pic for me. Ideal.

That's different to paying for a professional picture opportunity. The expectation level shifts.

• Paid Members

Has anyone had a reply to their email requesting the prints they were sending out? I emailed them as instructed, but I used their contact form on their website. Maybe that's why I've not had any reply and no prints received yet.

Archived