PSI Events

truthofsin

Ok.. As this has me fuming, i've decided to make a public post on the subject.

I attended the London Wrestle Con they put on in June and had a pretty good day by all accounts. But there were a couple of issues on the day. One being Howard Finkel leaving early and there being no PA in the room the photos were taken in. Thus the announcement was not heard by those in that room, including me. So i missed out on being able to use my pre-bought combo. The second issue was Del Rio having his times changed. This resulted in me being unable to get to his signing in time, as i was stuck near the front of a queue i was in for over an hour for the Team Bestie photo ops. It was impossible to be in 2 places at once. Once i got my pics i ran to the Del Rio signing, but he was gone. I did get my photo op with him earlier in the day.

Now i went up to speak to the guy on the main desk upstairs about these issues, as i had been instructed to do so by the other staff on hand. I was apologised to and told to contact them after the event via email to sort a refund. The other alternative offered was a voucher for another talent, but as i'd already pre-bought them for everyone anyway, that option wasn't any use.

Once the pictures from the advertised "professional photo ops" were uploaded i was instantly struck by how poor the quality was. Some were over exposed, most were poorly framed (arms cut off) etc. Hell, in the one i got done with the Nation, Godfather isn't even looking at the camera, he's looking 90 degrees away from it, so i have a great pic of the side of his head. Bare in mind the photographer was checking these on the day, i know this as he too a re-take on one of my other photo ops. These pictures are in no way what i would call professional, and given the price tag it's somewhat of a joke.

I emailed them the day after the convention as instructed (22 Jun), and heard nothing. Now i appreciate they had a tour the week following the event, so i was happy to wait for a response. 8 Jul rolled around and i still hadn't heard anything. So i posted a polite post on their Facebook account, tagging them to ensure they would get it. 21 Jul i posted another post to the FB, no response. Interestingly i was contacted by others who have been having issues with them. 22 Jul they made a post on their Facebook account but didn't reply to me, so i posted a firm but polite response on that one.

This morning after getting sick of being ignored i forwarded them my original email along with an additional note. And this finally got a response. Basically telling me...

"The schedule is subject to change and we are satisfied that we kept everyone up to date through out the day via announcements made in the main hall."

But you cannot hear any announcements in the photo op room. I was getting my picture taken with the Nation again when these announcements must have been made, as the photographer's memory card screwed up, or something, and they all had to be done again. Either that, or they were made when i was in the for the original Nation photo op, or the photo op before that.

"In regards to not having time to meet everyone, you will see yourself hundreds of people who did actually buy tickets to meet everyone and accomplished this, so I am not sure what you are getting at here."

Good for them. But the reality is from the moment i entered the convention to the moment i left. I did not sit down once, i did not leave the convention, i spoke for no more than 2 mins to any talent. I spent the entire time in queues or getting photo ops done. The only 2 occasions i did anything different is when i went upstairs to the desk to discuss the Finkel and Del rio issues. Both of those trips took no more than 10 mins a piece. Suffice to say i was on my feet all day non-stop. So him trying to make out like it's my fault there isn't on. I do a lot of meet and greets, and comic cons. And i always meet everyone. It's not like i'm a novice or stand around gossiping.

"We are satisfied with over 3000 photos taken at LWC that over 95% of our customers are pleased with what we delivered."

What else are they going to say? The reality is the pictures were not as advertised. Thus i did not receive what i paid for. I'm not the only one complaining either, many people on their Facebook page are starting to make noise about the same issue. They were poor photos. Some of mine are 'acceptable' but definitely not as advertised. But some are just plain crap.

Basically after a couple of emails this morning with me pointing out the issues, addressing the photos more, and mentioning the refund i was supposed to get. I'm being blown off. The latest email from them ending with "this will be my final correspondence regarding the matters addressed above" (Del Rio & Finkel. He didn't bother to respond about the pictures beyond the response quoted above).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

95% means that 150 weren't satisfied which isn't a great number to be honest. Everyone should just go to Wales Comic Con instead to meet wrestlers. Less hurried so you can have a proper chat with the wrestlers, laid back atmosphere, cheaper prices, awesome after party, and the wrestling guest liaison there is damned handsome.

95% means that 150 weren't satisfied which isn't a great number to be honest. Everyone should just go to Wales Comic Con instead to meet wrestlers. Less hurried so you can have a proper chat with the wrestlers, laid back atmosphere, cheaper prices, awesome after party, and the wrestling guest liaison there is damned handsome.

Can't argue there at all Butch. WCC is always a blast and the one time i had an issue it was dealt with within minutes and without any grief. Great convention and genuinely sad i can't go in November (PCW are running a 3 day weekender). Does Jaime fancy doing a dedicated wrestling convention? lol

• Paid Members

I can verify that!

• Moderators

He started to organise one in 2009 or so (Squared Circle Convention) and had an absolute shitload of guests with it taking place over two days in the Wrexham Ramada Hotel like Wrestlecon in America would work, and things like Wrestling theme karaoke at night along with loads of Q&As. However unfortunately tickets didn't sell half as quickly as he'd hoped (WCC was new at that point and so Jaime didn't have the rep for quality he has now) so he cancelled before anyone could get ripped off. Something people should learn from.

We started to organise one in 2009 or so (Squared Circle Convention) and had an absolute shitload of guests with it taking place over two days in the Wrexham Ramada Hotel like Wrestlecon in America would work, and things like Wrestling theme karaoke at night along with loads of Q&As. However unfortunately tickets didn't sell half as quickly as we'd hoped (WCC was new at that point and so Jaime didn't have the rep for quality he has now) so he cancelled before anyone could get ripped off. Something people should learn from.

I imagine now with WCC being so big and running twice a year that he likely doesn't have the time to run anything in addition. I've always appreciated how well run WCC is. We made one trip to Manchester Comic Con and won't be going back, the whole thing was just a mess. Given how few in number the guest there are compared to WCC, it's insane it got to be such a mess on the day. As far as PSI go, i chose to make this public because i feel they are in the wrong. Up until this point i've been one of those who has sings PSI's praises, as their events had always been well run and delivered what was advertised. But given this experience, i feel people should be aware of it. It's not just me either, i've had a few people hit me on Facebook about them having issues too.

I went to the LWC and thought it was all pretty well organised considering it was their first one and they had a number of guests and issues. They should have arranged a refund as a gesture of goodwill although you have to accept that the organisers set the times and if people cannot get round to everyone due to other people they want to see then that really isnt their fault.

I do think people want too much from these conventions, you only get 2 minutes with a wrestler ! What do you want to talk to them about ?.I always look at it as you are paying to meet them (or their character), they dont need to meet you. What you want signed is not overly important to them and your picture with them is not something that is going to be special to them.

People were moaning about only getting to spend a few seconds with Sigourney Weaver at the LFCC last weekend for a picture even though they paid something like £95. Seriously, what do people want ?

I went to the LWC and thought it was all pretty well organised considering it was their first one and they had a number of guests and issues. They should have arranged a refund as a gesture of goodwill although you have to accept that the organisers set the times and if people cannot get round to everyone due to other people they want to see then that really isnt their fault.

I do think people want too much from these conventions, you only get 2 minutes with a wrestler ! What do you want to talk to them about ?.I always look at it as you are paying to meet them (or their character), they dont need to meet you. What you want signed is not overly important to them and your picture with them is not something that is going to be special to them.

People were moaning about only getting to spend a few seconds with Sigourney Weaver at the LFCC last weekend for a picture even though they paid something like £95. Seriously, what do people want ?

But they do need to meet you. That's why theyre there. They all need/want the money and it's their job to meet you. Some wrestlers think this involves talking for several minutes and some think it involves staring in the opposite direction in silence while signing their name upside down on an 8x10. Some want to do a better job than others.

I remember I went to the first wrestleslam and meeting Warrior was the best experience I've had with a wrestler. He talked to me for several minutes about mania 12, the dvd and hulk hogan. He was tremendous and the nicest wrestler I've ever met. He did his job very well. On the flip side, Marty jannetty and Animal didn't even look at me. They did their jobs badly. Jannetty was so bad that his signature actually went off the photo and on to the table.

Finkel left early, thus there was not time to meet him. Even the times on the board at the main desk on the day had him signing later. All i did on the day was stuff i had pre-paid for, so things should be scheduled to enable me to be able to do these things, as they were already paid for. The Del Rio signing in it's new spot after the schedule change was impossible for me to do. I had that and 3 photo ops all at the same time and all paid for in advance. It was just not possible to be in 2 places at once. Which is not my fault. They said on the day they'd give me a refund after the convention, so yes they should give me one.

I wasn't complaining about spending 2 mins with the talent, far from it actually. I made mention of that to backup the point that i wasn't fannying around on the day and spent the entire day going from table to table, queue to queue. Unlike a lot of folks who go to these things and spend more time with the talent. Tugboat for instance spent a lot of time chatting to people, but i was away and gone within 2 mins as i had a lot to get through.

I do think they should have issued a refund for the stuff they changed the times for as that isnt your fault.

I just think some people are expecting too much from meeting a wrestler. The ones that dont need to do it do enjoy spending time with the fans but I imagine the likes of Animal and Jannetty need the money. Saying that, Hacksaw Jim Duggan was at a show in Stevenage last week and was amazing with the fans.

All in all I think it was a good convention and hopefully they will be back next year and have learned from the issues.

• Paid Members

This is spot on. One or two where the photographer has not spotted someone blinking are always going to happen (although there should always be a back up) but if you're getting some with people turned away or over / under exposed then you're entitled to a refund because the photographer hasn't done their job properly.

And yes Butch, and WCC, are great.

I do think they should have issued a refund for the stuff they changed the times for as that isnt your fault.

I just think some people are expecting too much from meeting a wrestler. The ones that dont need to do it do enjoy spending time with the fans but I imagine the likes of Animal and Jannetty need the money. Saying that, Hacksaw Jim Duggan was at a show in Stevenage last week and was amazing with the fans.

All in all I think it was a good convention and hopefully they will be back next year and have learned from the issues.

Duggan is great, really nice guy. Ended up talking Bullet Club with him in Wales.

Regarding the convention itself, we had a good day out. And while disappointed about not getting the Del Rio auto, or meeting Finkel. It was one of those things and as i was supposed to be getting a refund, i didn't worry about it all that much. But their handling of this situation since is terrible and i genuinely wouldn't want anyone else to end up in the same position. The "professional" pictures are also something i feel needs addressing too, as they were quite clearly not professional quality, yet were marketed and priced as such.

Take this one for example, with four of us doing the Nation pose. D-Lo's arm isn't even in the picture. Given the the whole point of us posing like that was for it to be photographed, it's pretty crap it's been framed so poorly. Godfather isn't even looking at the camera here either. The photographer was checking his pics on the day, so how he thought this one was even close to fins is beyond me. Given the price tag for these pro pics, i should have a right to expect what is advertised.

11329754_10153109359633558_6825508514115

Archived