Overdone Pushes That Annoyed You

Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Just thought of another. Well several. Shane McFuckingMahon. Every time that dick got to walk out in his shit gear and pretend to be a wrestler it did damage to everyone who came into contact with him. Ugh.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought of another. Well several. Shane McFuckingMahon. Every time that dick got to walk out in his shit gear and pretend to be a wrestler it did damage to everyone who came into contact with him. Ugh.

I thought when he was playing the cowardly heel character he was fun to watch.

It was whenever he was babyface and booked to be an equal to the likes of Kane and Orton that he was fucking rotten. That last run he had feuding with Legacy and Orton was painful.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Shane Mcmahon when I was a kid because he was just essentially some non-wrestler who got to be one for a night and pulled off all these mad matches. Very relatable.

• Paid Members

The nearest they could've ever got to turning Eugene heel, they kind of already did for a couple of weeks, having him duped and led on by Triple H, siding with the heels. He did get boos, but they were pretty half-hearted.

They did actually have him turn proper heel on Hacksaw near the end of his run. Hogan at Bash at the Beach '96 it wasn't.

The thing with Eugene is that he was getting great reactions doing what he was doing. He could have had a decent run as a feel-good midcard act whose interaction with the Main Event was stuff like World Champion, Benoit coming out to team with him. There was no need to shove him further up in the card, and into a storyline with Triple H. Especially since, as Pinc, pointed out it made absolutely no sense.

Chris Benoit wasn't able for carrying world title feuds. The second Benoit wins the belt and does the feelgood moment, you're fucked in terms of sustaining anything. Eugene squeezed a month or two of interest out of a Benoit/HHH title feud in a way that would've been difficult for Jericho, Edge or Shelton Benjamin to do.

I want to thank everybody for the suggestions in this thread, we got to read many of them on the podcast, which is now available to listen to at the following link:

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/qtizxc/SCGRadio44-OverdonePushes.mp3

Taking your suggestions for guys pushed way above their limitations throughout wrestling history, we talk about world champions that shouldn't have been such as Jeff Jarrett, Justin Credible and Ron Simmons, WCW nepotism with Erik Watts and Dustin Rhodes, as well as the use and talents of such individuals as Brutus Beefcake, Billy Gunn, Abyss, Hardcore Holly, Eugene, The Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and many more that you felt were given way too much. A really fun and entertaining show this week, check it out and let us know what you think~!

• Paid Members

I have to agree with the above re: Shane McMahon. On a par with JBL in my opinion with his ability to draw absolutely every last drop of interest and heat out of an angle/feud.

• Paid Members

Carlito is one that comes to mind for me. His promos where rubbish,he had a crap physique and his ring work was wrestle by numbers for me. He was pushed presumably because he was a Colon but for me his upper middle card status was unwarranted. He won the US title on his 1st night from Cena! He spat in the face of people who didn't want to he cool. I spit in the face on who ever felt he should of been a featured star

• Paid Members

Carlito is one that comes to mind for me. His promos where rubbish,he had a crap physique and his ring work was wrestle by numbers for me. He was pushed presumably because he was a Colon but for me his upper middle card status was unwarranted. He won the US title on his 1st night from Cena! He spat in the face of people who didn't want to he cool. I spit in the face on who ever felt he should of been a featured star

I thought his finisher was tremendous right enough. His feud with John Cena was dreadful. Hard to believe someone so average fell foul of the three strikes rule.

Archived