The Brain of the UKFF - The Grand Final

Glenryck Pilchards

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Lion, I wouldn't really class the New Romantic stuff as New Wave. But that is how the Yanks have pigeon-holed it.

There is only 20 quizzes left to be completed which is not bad considering they have only been available for 48 hours. Quizzes remaining are as follows:

Nexus - 5

Thunderplex - 5

Boycie - 3

gbacon85 - 3

stumobir - 3

Slapnut - 1

If you could get these done before the end of the working week I will issue the next round early. There will be a special twist for Round 4!

• Paid Members

I don't really get how this all works so I'm not involved but I love new wave music and I'd like to try that quiz. If everyone's done it can you post a link here or something? Or does it not work like that?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Talkinghead/100-greatest-new-wave-songs

Any one can play the quizzes. Glenryck just sends them to us as challenges so he can keep a tab on who’s played which ones, and their scores.

• Paid Members

I don't really get how this all works so I'm not involved but I love new wave music and I'd like to try that quiz. If everyone's done it can you post a link here or something? Or does it not work like that?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Talkinghead/100-greatest-new-wave-songs

Any one can play the quizzes. Glenryck just sends them to us as challenges so he can keep a tab on who’s played which ones, and their scores.

Cheers man,

I just did the new wave one, I wasn't really ready and I did it on my phone which really didn't help but I still got 72 out of 100. Don't do it on a phone people!

I agree Lion, I wouldn't really class the New Romantic stuff as New Wave. But that is how the Yanks have pigeon-holed it.

There is only 20 quizzes left to be completed which is not bad considering they have only been available for 48 hours. Quizzes remaining are as follows:

Nexus - 5

Thunderplex - 5

Boycie - 3

gbacon85 - 3

stumobir - 3

Slapnut - 1

If you could get these done before the end of the working week I will issue the next round early. There will be a special twist for Round 4!

I'll try and get mine done tonight.  Purposely avoiding the New Wave one.

• Paid Members

All done.  I had been avoiding doing the last 3 because I so spectacularly fucked up on the World Cup one, that should have been my strongest one by far this week but I made the same mistake as Daaaaad! by thinking Finland had been in a World Cup (convinced they were there in '02) and I also didn't realise it was a minefield round.  The new wave one was a bit of a stinker but I managed to get all the biggies so we'll see, still think I could be for the chop this week.

.... still think I could be for the chop this week.

You have survived by the breadth of your left bollock! Currently in the dangerzone are CTXRussoMark and Maverick.

Even if gbacon85 scores 0% in his final quiz he will survive the week. So only  Nexus and Thunderplex can drop into the relegation places.

.... still think I could be for the chop this week.

You have survived by the breadth of your left bollock! Currently in the dangerzone are CTXRussoMark and Maverick.

Even if gbacon85 scores 0% in his final quiz he will survive the week. So only Nexus and Thunderplex can drop into the relegation places.

Ha, does that mean I'm just above the danger zone then? :)

Archived