maybe stating tbe obvious: Bret Hart is underated!

hi guys

i know he is his own biggest fan & mt childhood memories were overshadowed by the likes of Hogan, Warrior etc but year on year when i watch WWE now it makes me appreciate Bret more. say what you will but his smoothness, execution (excuse the pun) of moves, timing & overall crispness is totally lacking from todays talent!

prob gonna get aload of agro for this but i really think Bret in the 90s was what Flair was in the 80s! the ultimate pro who made you look good, do it all and work wirh anyone.

Angle aside i really wish we had workers like him about now!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I love him more than my own family but I wouldn't call him under-rated.

Agree about his work though. Probably the most smooth, crisp and believable work I've seen. Some of the best babyface selling I've ever seen too.

He was incredible but I'm not sure too many people really deny that, no matter how much of a twat the guy behind the character comes across.

Was never a fan. I think the only time I was ever emotionally invested in one of his matches was when he beat Mr Perfect at King of the Ring by being a cheating bastard. And I was into the build up to the iron man match, but the bout itself put me to sleep.

His promos were pretty shite, but the cunt could work no doubt about that. Had the skill to even make a broom stick look good.

As a 9 year old, his match with Davey at Wembley bored the shit out of me, but I've since grown to appreciate the skill of it.

Was never a fan. I think the only time I was ever emotionally invested in one of his matches was when he beat Mr Perfect at King of the Ring by being a cheating bastard. And I was into the build up to the iron man match, but the bout itself put me to sleep.

Fan or not, you must have been invested in his match against Austin?

• Moderators

One overrated motherfather. He's good, but if he was half as good as he thinks he is I'd be paying through the arse for grainy footage of him from 19seventyshite. Him and HBK are the poster child for "don't stack up when you actually put them to the test" as regards comparison to other all time wrestlers. He's very good, but he's not the best. 

• Paid Members

Hitman is my favourite wrestler there is, was and ever will be, but he isn't under-rated. There are people all over the world that think he was one of the best ever and plenty that think he was THE best. And his peers speak highly of his work.

• Paid Members

Now, Tim Horner, HE'S underrated. Dry as toast, but what a wrestler.

Is in he in the "Brad Armstrong" division?

You know who I was watching the other day who really doesn't seem to get his due? Bobby Eaton. I think there's a load of fans that only get into the more "celebrated" portions of WCW and probably only see Beautiful Bobby as the least interesting guy in the Dangerous Alliance. But I was watching a Midnights/Fantastics match the other night and he was so fucking crisp, it was untrue.

Fan or not, you must have been invested in his match against Austin?

Oh yeah, and that. There are probably one or two more -- the match against Bulldog at SummerSlam is another obvious one I forgot. I was rooting for Davey Boy big time, despite a bigger boy down the road "spoiling" it beforehand by telling us his mate went to SummerSlam and saw Bret win.

Yep, add me to the list of being a massive fan. As a little kid I was completely sold on the Hitman character and as I grew older I really began to appreciate his work. His matches against Austin, Perfect and Owen are some of my favourites of all time. His feud with his brother and Austin are just incredible and what the business is all about.

Archived