Silver Vision Memories

Onyx2

Stephen was indeed a great man, is his loss is still felt by many today. I used to spend a lot of time with him at shows around the country and remember one up North in Manchester or maybe Birmingham - hey, it's all up North to me! Anyway, we were due to have Kurt Angle and Trish Stratus at a signing in HMV and about an hour before he got a call from WWE saying the appearances had changes, it was now Spike Dudley and Hardcore Holly. Stephen asked me if that was okay, to which I looked at him quite gobsmacked. It wasn't really a like for like replacement, but they were very good with the fans and nobody kicked up a fuss.

On that same day I'd already driven all the way down to Wales and back for a Hurricane Helms appearance but he was late, and so I had to leave before he arrived. Luckily the PR person there got me a WWE Magazine signed by Helms, which I then gave to someone in the queue for HMV, thinking it was my spare unsigned copy.

I also remember when we swapped from Mark Silvervision the 'person' on Facebook to a Facebook page because a person could only have 5000 friends. Luckily everyone moved over to the new page and got see all the latest videos of yours truly dropping DVDs on the floor every week or so :D

Great story there. I miss Stephen very much too and there isnt a day my brother & I dont bring him up in conversation. I was at the Hurricane Helms signing actually! :)

Aye, Stephen was a good chap and gone too soon. He had the loudest laugh in the office and a gamut of sleazy Cena anecdotes. Apart from his immediate family, he is survived by his (twin?) sister Dr Sue Black, a crazy clever computer scientist and instrumental in saving Bletchley Park from demolition.

Stephen's sister is Sarah. I kept in touch with her shortly after Stephen passed. I will never forget the day I found out he passed it was a few days after the Colchester v Leeds match and I was surprised he hadnt messaged me to comment on the result.

Edited by DaveWWE88

• Awards Moderator

Sleazy Cena anecdotes?

Oh, you noticed that.

I'm wary of libel here but nonetheless in his position Stephen (not Midnight Zeus) entertained retail clients and took them to booze with wrestlers at their hotels. So he knocked about with them a bit.

In mid 2000s a wrestler, let's call him Jim Seener, was walking past Steve's table at the bar where he was chatting with a well known Diva. John stops, flatters her with a smirk, drops his room card on the table and says "see you in five". Diva giggles, scoops up the card and gallops off after Jim to perform the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

Sleazy Cena anecdotes?

Oh, you noticed that.

I'm wary of libel here but nonetheless in his position Stephen (not Midnight Zeus) entertained retail clients and took them to booze with wrestlers at their hotels. So he knocked about with them a bit.

In mid 2000s a wrestler, let's call him Jim Seener, was walking past Steve's table at the bar where he was chatting with a well known Diva. John stops, flatters her with a smirk, drops his room card on the table and says "see you in five". Diva giggles, scoops up the card and gallops off after Jim to perform the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

Is there a reason why Jim Seener becomes "John" part way through this story?  You're not trying to say what I think you're trying to say are you....?